Forums

Chess kid - mods please answer

Sort:
CoenJones

I want my sister (too young for this site) to sign up for chesskid, but I have diamond membership, and I don't want to pay again for her to get membership. Is there a way to link accounts so she gets the member benefits?

macer75
manspider29 wrote:

I want my sister (too young for this site) to sign up for chesskid, but I have diamond membership, and I don't want to pay again for her to get membership. Is there a way to link accounts so she gets the member benefits?

Well... what do u think?

macer75

If chess.com allowed that then anybody who wants to be a member on chesskid can just find a diamond member on chess.com to "link" their account to, and then decide amongst themselves how to split the price. Which, of course, would be a huge loss of money for chess.com.

CoenJones

ok, thanks, I thought there may have been something that if a parent owned a premium account they could have one too, but I guess they gotta find a way to make a mint ;)

Thanks macer

(you better not be trolling though)

macer75

Don't worry - I'm not trolling here. I usually don't troll in help & support threads where the OP is asking a legitimate question, unless someone else has already answered the question for him.

CoenJones

haha, thanks

chesskingdreamer
macer75 wrote:

If chess.com allowed that then anybody who wants to be a member on chesskid can just find a diamond member on chess.com to "link" their account to, and then decide amongst themselves how to split the price. Which, of course, would be a huge loss of money for chess.com.

And if you could link multiple accounts, then everyone on chess.com would be getting 1/2 price diamond membership

macer75
chesskingdreamer wrote:
macer75 wrote:

And if you could link multiple accounts, then everyone on chess.com would be getting 1/2 price diamond membership

Except the titled players, who get it for free Tongue Out

jackwilburn

i want moid