Forums

chess.com gadget for iGoogle?

Sort:
BigStupidFingers

I got firefox because chess.com told me to... I soon feel in love with the customizing of firefox and since then iGoogle too!  There is one thing missing from my iGoogle homepage... CHESS!  I think it would be awesome to put a little updater gadget on my iGoogle homepage!  Make it small and just show the games I'm currently playing... make it like the online chess page!  Would anyone else use this?  I know I would!

Peace.Love.Happiness

erik

you can already put an RSS feed of your games on there ;) when you are on your www.chess.com/echess/myhome.html look for the RSS button on the bottom-right or the star in the address bar :) then you will have your game RSS!

tshults
erik wrote:

you can already put an RSS feed of your games on there ;) when you are on your www.chess.com/echess/myhome.html look for the RSS button on the bottom-right or the star in the address bar :) then you will have your game RSS!

When I try to add the rss feed for my games on iGoogle the gadget simply says:

"Information is temporarily unavailable"

Even though I have games waiting my move.  It works for my Google Reader account, but not on iGoogle.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

erik
tshults wrote:
erik wrote:

Even though I have games waiting my move.  It works for my Google Reader account, but not on iGoogle.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

hrmm... not sure. works for me? try leaving it open for a while...

BigStupidFingers
erik wrote:
tshults wrote:
erik wrote:

Thanks,

Tim

hrmm... not sure. works for me? try leaving it open for a while...

I have the same problem as Tim

erik

www.chess.com/rss/echess/USERNAME ? is that what you are using?

amac7079

The old one got messed up so try this: (replace username here)

Here is the link that was in the thread. See comment above.

amac7079

never mind. i cant seem to post the link. see the thread "iGoogle app" by amac for link

porkscrew

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has had any luck with this. I too get the "Information is temporarily unavailable" message in my gadget.

BigStupidFingers

Every time I try it, it doesn't work... I don't know what to do other than try and get the staff to make a real gadget.

porkscrew

Semi-success!  Here's my best guess as to why we see the "...unavailable" message: If you have no ready games it won't show you anything except that message. This morning I had only one ready game and lo and behold that one game is showing in the gadget. Instead of reading "It's not your move in any games" it gives us a default message telling us there is no data because there actually isn't any.

erik

FYI - full chess.com igoogle integration coming in january!

BigStupidFingers

awesome to hear!!!  Thanks so much Erik, you're the man!

BigStupidFingers

Bumping this to see if I can get an answer... I have still be unable to find the gadget.  Any luck?  Erik, any help?

erik

on hold :(

BigStupidFingers

Why?  Seems to have some interest from members.

erik

with limited resources you have to do bang-for-buck.

BigStupidFingers

Fair enough.

mwill

I'd love to see this :)

BigStupidFingers

It needs to work with FireFox... the best brower created.