Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Conditional moves don't work half the time

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

TimovieMan

Hi guys,

ever since the upgrade, I'm having difficulties entering conditional moves.

The screen loads normally, I can make my opponents move as usual, but after I make my own response, the move isn't saved and the screen asks me to make my opponents move again.

This happens about 2 out of 3 times I try to enter a conditional move, so it's not like it's completely broken...

Any ideas on why this happens?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #2

TimovieMan

Maybe this helps: it appears to work in tournament games, but not in regular games...

• 5 years ago · Quote · #3

TeslasLightning

I second that....sometimes they work and sometimes they don't....and that is in tournament games too

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

jnjnelson

I can't get the conditional moves to work at all.  I have tried dozens of times in a few different games.  I use the Firefox browser almost exclusively, so that may be part of it.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #5

kunduk

report it to chess.com

• 5 years ago · Quote · #6

TimovieMan

The problem seems to have been resolved. Kudos to Erik and the chess.com crew!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

Freerangequark

I am still not able to get conditional moves to work.  They appear as "saved" however they never seem to get triggered.

BTW, I'm using Google Chrome.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

nicolasconnault

Since the last upgrade (Feb 2012 I think), conditional moves have not been working for me. The moves recorded are completely wrong. For example, in a recent endgame I entered a series of 7 moves, the program recorded the last 4 as f4...

Post your reply: