Forums

Deleted forums?

Sort:
Wizard_Chess97

Hey everyone, does anyone know if a forum (like one in a group) is deleted, chess.com can restore it, or is it gone permanently? Also, has anyone experienced forums disappearing by themselves? 

Thanks,

Maroon5fan

jaclyn

Unfortunately if someone in a group deletes a forum, its gone. Sorry! 

StrategicPlay

Your usual forum poster might have had his account closed/might have got banned. In this case, I believe the staff do have their threads, just that they are 'invisible'. 

Wizard_Chess97
jac1yn wrote:

Unfortunately if someone in a group deletes a forum, its gone. Sorry! 

Shoot, I was hoping chess.com would be able to restore it. There was a lot of  time of work and effort spent in the forum, and now it's all gone...

SP, yes, that is a good explanation for what happened, but I was the one who started the thread.  I do know that one of the people who posted on the threat had their account closed, but I don't think that would cause the whole thread to disappear... it had to be a group admin who deleted it, unless forums sometimes disappear on their own accord?

batgirl

How do you know it was deleted?

Wizard_Chess97
batgirl wrote:

How do you know it was deleted?

It's not there anymore, and the link for it just goes to the chess.com forums.

ChenGJ

Yeah, sad.. the forum game was pretty fun

batgirl

If you started the forum, it can't have been deleted except by a moderator or administrator.  Usually there's a good reason.  I don't know the thread so I can't speculate.