Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Fair Play policy

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

granturismo1

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #2

johnmusacha

No the fact that you won the game gives you the win.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

deadastronauts

No, your opponent timing out gives you the win.

FLAG!  w00t!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

johnmusacha

How cool would it be if the live chess interface actually showed the flag falling when a player times out?  

Would be great, trippy, and even appeal to the "Nascar" crowd.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

adamplenty

I thought that the person who abandons a game automatically loses, therefore you win?

It's also against policy to name and shame here.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

johnmusacha

No there is a time frame between when a player disconnects and when he is declared to have lost by abandonment.  I think it's 120 seconds.  I could be wrong.  On FICS any disconnection is an automatic forfeit, even if it's just for 1 second.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

deadastronauts

It would be cooler if instead of flags falling, they were umbrellas.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #8

adamplenty

johnmusacha wrote:

No there is a time frame between when a player disconnects and when he is declared to have lost by abandonment.  I think it's 120 seconds.  I could be wrong.  On FICS any disconnection is an automatic forfeit, even if it's just for 1 second.

Yeah that's what I mean by "abandon". If they disconnect for only a few seconds it doesn't necessarily mean they've abandoned the game. It could just mean they have connection problems.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #9

Berder

johnmusacha wrote:

On FICS that depends on whether both players have noescape set.  Otherwise the game would simply get adjourned.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #10

deadastronauts

What?!   Where is this noescape setting and how do I disable it?!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #11

cferrel

This is why I love ICC. I play pool games if they leave auto win. No aborts either.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #12

thegrandpoobar

in life u can tip your king why is it unfair to resign on this site

Post your reply: