Forums

Fair play?

Sort:
Coach-Bill

I got this message trying to join a tournament:

You currently cannot join tournaments. Your play is restricted because you have not followed our Fair Play Policy which discourages disconnecting, intentional stalling, etc. However, you are allowed to still play with friends. You may play openly again after finishing more games with fair play. If you feel this is an error, please contact Chess.com support.

All I did today was give a simul. I had to abort a few games when my opponents didn't select Black, and I lost a number of games on time, not familiar with simuls. Please lift my restriction, thanks.

AndyClifton

Why don't you bring this matter up with the staff directly?

Mainline_Novelty

I agree...did it not say "please contact chess.com support" right in the message?

Coach-Bill

I went here because that's what it suggested. Does staff read these threads?

1RedKnight99

No, send them a support ticket.

kco

Yes sometime but generally the commuity help out here. Want real help, see bottom of page.

kco
jrzmath99 wrote:

Kohai does read them.

Coach-Bill
jrzmath99 wrote:

thanks, I did. thanks everyone!

HulkBuster62

This might be a stupid question but... what's a "simuls"?

kco
shahhussainkcl wrote:

This might be a stupid question but... what's a "simuls"?

where one person play against a number of players

HulkBuster62

Oh ok. But how does that differ from ordinary chess.com play?

kco

I am not sure how it work in here.

pksunilkumar
shahhussainkcl wrote:

Oh ok. But how does that differ from ordinary chess.com play?

I think getting an opportunity to play with NM aww-rats is good for ordinary players. His willingness to play a 'simul' means an agreement for accepting challenges from any rated players.

I also tried to participate that 'simul', but not allowed only due to my time out ratio status has been reached more than 10% which is an obstruction to attend any tournament as per the fair play policy of Chess.com.

I doubt  sometimes NM aww-rats received this message just because of that the number of games he lost on time may crossed this time out ratio limits.

Or I have no idea whether he wanted to take a prior permission from Chess.com before going for a simul. Possibly Chess.com would also be interested and encouraged in his willingness to play a simul.

HulkBuster62

Ah ok. I think I get it now. Thanks.

ogichidaag

Will you be playing any more simuls here? If so when?

AndyClifton

Yes, he will.

myk99

Ratts, yesterday after the simul your time ran out and I got a message that my opponent (you) may have violated terms.....blah blah blah.  so If you ran out of time on a lot of your games I can see that happening. I wonder if there is a special section for players that wish to conduct a simul? Im sure they will lift the ban as soon as they figure this out.

ChessRabbitt

They may also think that he lost of a lot of games on purpose in order to lower his rated; this is also a violation of rules. Having so many games at the same time may have played a part in this. Next give a simul with only a limited number of players, maybe 15 -20 and no more and have a longer time control so you won’t ran out of time.

adamplenty

I had connection problems during the simul and lost by abandonment. Did I violate Fair Play too?

Coach-Bill
ogichidaag wrote:

Will you be playing any more simuls here? If so when?

yes, join my video lessons group and see when I announce them. you need to join anyway, you entered my tournament. don't want to boot you....