Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How do I get "Points"?

• 6 years ago · #181

Assurbanipal

Everybody should appreciate that happiness and recognition are just 1,000 points ahead of us!

• 6 years ago · #182

jchen

That's too bad that they don't give away free T-shirts anymore. Oh, well, I don't really like T-shirts anyways

• 6 years ago · #183

thegab03

And I was going for me fourth!

• 6 years ago · #184

Mainline_Novelty

erik wrote:
    all things are possible with enough money :)

holy!? you have 7000 points!?

• 6 years ago · #185

Mainline_Novelty

great. The only thing i can do now with 1000 points is join the 1,000+ point group.

• 6 years ago · #186

thegab03

aabbccdd wrote:

great. The only thing i can do now with 1000 points is join the 1,000+ point group.

When you get your 1000 points, join!

• 6 years ago · #187

artfizz

erik wrote:

some are worth more than others. the kinds of contributions that are more meaningful (articles, etc) are worth more.

at 1,000 points i get you a free t-shirt (as long as they are not achieved through spammy methods)

UPDATE => Nov 11 2008 - we do NOT give out free shirts anymore (we did this for a few weeks and stopped in 2007).

How about, as a reward for reaching 1000 points, your name gets entered into a (monthly) prize draw? The lucky winner could get ... a game of chess with Erik.

• 6 years ago · #188

Mainline_Novelty

thegab03 wrote:
    aabbccdd wrote:

When you get your 1000 points, join!

now ive joined!

• 6 years ago · #189

Mainline_Novelty

artfizz wrote:
    erik wrote:

some are worth more than others. the kinds of contributions that are more meaningful (articles, etc) are worth more.

at 1,000 points i get you a free t-shirt (as long as they are not achieved through spammy methods)

UPDATE => Nov 11 2008 - we do NOT give out free shirts anymore (we did this for a few weeks and stopped in 2007).

How about, as a reward for reaching 1000 points, your name gets entered into a (monthly) prize draw? The lucky winner could get ... a game of chess with Erik.

great idea!

• 6 years ago · #190

artfizz

Tunatin wrote:
    artfizz wrote:

If I post "first!" or "lol" or "I agree" enough, do I get your prize?

Yes - but have a care: 2nd prize is TWO games of chess with Erik.

• 6 years ago · #191

Hawkeyes

a free t-shirt only 920 points to go SurprisedSealedWink

• 6 years ago · #192

JenkinsaPDX

I like how the mention of the free t-shirt has made this relatively simple post turn into one of the longest conversations ever. (and another point for me)

• 6 years ago · #193

coltonator

do you get points for getting a game like this?

• 6 years ago · #194

artfizz

JenkinsaPDX wrote:

I like how the mention of the free t-shirt has made this relatively simple post turn into one of the longest conversations ever. (and another point for me)

Perhaps a Tea-free shirt could be made available to 1000-pointers (at a modest cost, plus postage).

• 6 years ago · #195

shwan77

how mach is  2hande will cast.....?  Cool

• 6 years ago · #196

uneeb123

no more t-shirts.

:' (

• 6 years ago · #197

book_worm

It's to bad that the T-shirts aren't given out now.Cry

• 6 years ago · #198

tripsix

how many points  i can get from "my referrals"?

• 6 years ago · #199

AHMEDO

erik wrote: ok, i want to play wjkglkll;fkjjfjhjjgg

Member Points: Chess.com keeps track of all of your contributions to the site such as comments, blog posts, forum participation, articles, etc. Each contribution counts for points. This helps members know how involved each other are in Chess.com!

• 6 years ago · #200

AHMEDO

i want to play with the best player on earth a live chess game on the bigest trophy in chess]

This forum topic has been locked.