Forums

How do I get "Points"?

Sort:
archerfish123
I'm not sure how true a reflection this is of peoples involvement in the site - for example i play lots of games and read many articles - but don't often get a chance to comment. Perhaps people could earn points for the games they play??
Queenie
Wow, a thousand points for a teashirt, thats a lot, speccially when you only have 40 points up to now. 960 to go.Can't I just bribe you Erik, with some chockie biscuits?
Queenie

Emmm, what about,  tea towel from London?

Queenie
A baseball cap, with London on the front????
Queenie

A london Teashirt, hey will that do it? eh? eh,eh? Ah,  go on, please.

Queenie
Pretty please?
Nipun
I too agree with shadowc
doctor-ice
queenie wrote: Pretty please?

wow nice spammage queenie-your on your way to a fabulous chess.com t-shirt(i am jealous). plus you have 3 more points than me-now i am furious! lol-jk

KingFork
13 points! WOOOO!
JediMaster
Even though it is nice that people contribute thoughts and ideas and receive points for their particpation, I am glad that some people focus on playing games which is the main reason for this site.  Being able to play chess with friends and make new friends is a big deal.  I have been to many websites for many different reasons, but this is the only one where I am able to meet several people from all over the world.  That is a big plus.
catechumen

thank's to all of you. now I have some idea where the points come from. plenty room for chess related creativity Smile interesting, I never thought that the GAME generates so many great activities, in bringing it online on the Internet. thank you Erik for this visionary, communicative and collaborative initiative.

s4j3n

Maybe you could get a certain amount of points for different things. Say you help with game analysis you get more points and for games played, posts, blogs, whatever it happens to be. Though it may be hard to do such a thing, I don't know. Just a thought on points.

cmh0114
Maybe you could have chess.com digital wallpaper or something available for a certain amount of points, like 20 or 50 or so.  That would encourage people to participate in the forums, but there might be a lot of spammers.  There might be a way to stop spammers, though:  One of my friends made a site where they have an option to "Exalt" or "Smite" a person for their post.  If someone gets exalted, they gain 1 "Karma" point, and if they get smote (smited?), they lose a karma point.  It's not exactly the same thing, but I think it could be set up so that you could give someone's post a plus or minus, and they could gain or lose points, respectively, so that would probably stop most spam.  Also, the karma points gives another member an idea of how well-liked and respected that member is, which the regular points don't do.  If someone has a low karma, they might not be very respectful in a chess game, so you wouldn't want to play them. 
yerRook
BigJimi wrote: I've got 1 point after 70 games,I'll be too old to wear T-Shirts !!

You will win chess.com pajamas, then!Tongue out

webmonkey
Actually chess clock doesn't need for every chess player.
ferlop

hallo

I wana a tisirttttttttttttttt

zzzzzzzzzzo

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiican

invite new friends to this site

love ...

laught ...

ps ; can i have the t shirt now Please ...

i m only 139 points

hum ...

ferlop
ferlop wrote:

hallo

I wana a tisirttttttttttttttt

zzzzzzzzzzo

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiican

invite new friends to this site

love ...

laught ...

ps ; can i have the t shirt now Please ...

i m only 139 points

hum ...

chessknot
I posted some comments in the Its About Time thread under Fun & Trivia but could not see the thread in the Forums page... should we be looking elsewhere on chess.com for a list of articles?
Bishop357
I think I'll just buy one.By the time I get 1000 points I'll have it worn out and need another anyway...Wink
Wheeldog
I'm one point closer.  Or is this considered a spammy method?  By the way, Monty Python likes Spam.
This forum topic has been locked