2014 Sinquefield Cup is LIVE! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Join GM Ashley, GM Seirawan and WGM Shahade! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How do I merge my facebook account correctly??

• 4 years ago · Quote · #1

Sjolden

I attempted to log in with my facebook credentials when it asked to log in using facebook. When I did, it set up a new account essentially. I had not played any games on my facebook account that I tried out a year or so ago. When I went into facebook, I attempted to merge my account with my ACTUAL chess.com account, and it said unable to due to my facebook one being premium. When I set up the facebook one it gave me two weeks of premium. Should I just wait until my premium trial runs out and then attempt a merge? Or should I contact customer support? Is there another way to merge or a way to cancel or premium membership?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #2

kohai

I'm fixing this for you at the moment via your support ticket :)

• 4 years ago · Quote · #3

Sjolden

Hello and thank you kohai. I replied back with the information requested. via email.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #4

DROBB

I am having the exact same problem as Sjolden.  I don't want to cancel the premium account though.  I have a Gold Start Account a would like to try the premium for the two weeks that they gave me when I merged accounts with facebook.  However, it did the same thing for me that it made two separate accounts.  Can someone help?

Sjolden wrote:

I attempted to log in with my facebook credentials when it asked to log in using facebook. When I did, it set up a new account essentially. I had not played any games on my facebook account that I tried out a year or so ago. When I went into facebook, I attempted to merge my account with my ACTUAL chess.com account, and it said unable to due to my facebook one being premium. When I set up the facebook one it gave me two weeks of premium. Should I just wait until my premium trial runs out and then attempt a merge? Or should I contact customer support? Is there another way to merge or a way to cancel or premium membership?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #5

kohai

Wait until the diamond expires, then try merging. Your accounts (DROBB) aren't currently showing as being merged.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #6

marc90sa

Hi My accounts have merged, but when I log onto my chess.com account through the iPhone app, none of my games are shown and it seems to be an unused account instead of being merged. Is there any way I can log on and play current games? Thanks
  • 4 years ago · Quote · #7

kohai

marc the account isn't showing as being merged and the games are all still showing as being active on your facebook app account. Try logging in on the facebook app.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #8

danielahoffman

I had a diamond account (for a year) , and did not know it. I never used it.  I have been using my other account (basic) a lot lately.  Since I did not use my diamond account for a year, can I possibly get a credit and merge the two accounts. I LOVE Chess.com and want to take advantage of all of the cool features that I never used. I have time to play now. I cannot currently merge the two accounts. I have only a few days left on my diamond account. What are my options? 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #9

kohai

Private message me the usernames of the chess.com account and the facebook account please and i'll take a look.

• 4 years ago · Quote · #10

Tim_Chatys

i have merged two accounts but i dont want to. can i um merge them?

• 4 years ago · Quote · #11

kohai

Tim_Chatys wrote:

i have merged two accounts but i dont want to. can i um merge them?

Private message me the usernames of the chess.com account and the facebook account please and i'll take a look.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

JohnGrabau

my paid membership (spazz66) somehow got closed, so i logged on with facebook and found out that they are different accounts... i have no idea what happend... i am in a couple of turnaments and can't play me games... help!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

kohai

Your spazz66 account is still showing as being open. Thats the one you need to log in via chess.com to use. You can't use this one via facebook.

Can you try logging in for me please and let me know if it works just using the main chess.com login (not via facebook)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

Ibraheem-_-Hamzat

i Have the same problem, can you please merge my facebook account to my chess.com account

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

kohai

You should be able to merge your own using this page

http://www.chess.com/fb-merge.html

if you can't, because its already merged with an old account, i need to know if possible what the old account name was so i can un-link it

Post your reply: