Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How do you change/eliminate the avatar on your profile page?

• 21 months ago · Quote · #1

MiikeC

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 21 months ago · Quote · #2

Calamondin

MiikeC, you should be able to change your avatar by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of any Chess.com web page. It will direct you here: http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile  The ideal size for the avatar is 100 x 100 pixels and either .jpg, .png, or .gif formats. Let me know if you are still experiening issues with this.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #3

MiikeC

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 21 months ago · Quote · #4

Calamondin

It should be right at the top. 

• 21 months ago · Quote · #5

MiikeC

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 21 months ago · Quote · #6

Calamondin

Interesting. Can you 'browse' to your images from there?

Will you let me know what operating system and web browser and version you are using on your computer, please? 

• 21 months ago · Quote · #7

MiikeC

Yes, I can browse, but no matter what picture I click, it doesn't replace the current one.  I have windows 7, and using Firefox (latest version)

• 21 months ago · Quote · #8

Calamondin

You won't see it replace until you click save settings. Try selecting one and then choose save settings. 

• 21 months ago · Quote · #9

MiikeC

save settings never comes up after I browse.  This is fruitless.  I'm just gonna forget it...I have no idea how that particular picture appeared as my avatar, it's not even me.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #10

Calamondin

Can you try using another browser? If that still doesn't work, you can send the pic as an attachment to me at calamondin@chess.com and I will upload it for you.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #11

MiikeC

I already tried Explorer...it did the same thing.  Can you just make my avatar blank...I would appreciate that.  Don't really have a picture I like.  Thanks for all your help!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #12

MiikeC

Thank you!

Post your reply: