Forums

iPhone/iPad Videos still not working?

Sort:
_Dalle_

Hey there, 

is it just for me or are the Videos for iOS still not working? 

I'm refering to the Website, not the App. 

Thanks, 

Dalle

tomatohorse

I know! I loved watching them on my iPad but can't anymore. What happened??

Also, even though you can watch them in the app, it's terrible because 1) the quality is bad, 2) the video starts over if you leave the app, 3) you can't see any comments. Let's give your diamond paying members a quality experience here, chess.com!

_Dalle_

I think they're now now using flash for the video player. (iOS can't play it) 

Pan_Paniscus

The app has never streamed correctly on any of my devices , it either loses picture after 10 seconds, or it hangs at the loading screen, or the screen flips back to the "play button" screen. On iphone4, ipad3 and ipad mini. Never had streaming issues in safari.

_Dalle_

Same for me. App is really buggy and the quality on my iPad isn't good as good either. 

_Dalle_

Good news: 

I contacted the support and they told me that they're bringing back the video player within the next release. 

mmmmisha

Dalle. If they don't return functionality immediately I for one will move my subscription elsewhere.

AurelianoSegundo

Hey Dalle, did they mention when that would be? I'm really annoyed by this. The app doesn't have 1/2 the videos available on the website. It used to work fine. Why mess with it?

SpaceOddity

My iphone videos stopped working. i have the 4S, the latest iOS software and the latest updates to the App.  c'mon guys...fix this already.

_Dalle_
AurelianoSegundo wrote:

Hey Dalle, did they mention when that would be? I'm really annoyed by this. The app doesn't have 1/2 the videos available on the website. It used to work fine. Why mess with it?

No they didn't 

The mail sais: 

"I have checked with our devs and we are planning on fixing the problem with the next release. I can't tell you exactly when it will be, hopefully it will be soon."

Not sure what is meant by "next release" 

_Dalle_

The Player is Back. Thanks to the Devs!

myhto

I just upgraded my membership and paid 100 $ just to find out I can't watch the videos on my IPad! What is this!!!

Serphiot

You can, atleast i can on my ipad? You could also download the App in the store.

myhto

I think my comment is relevant. Not very helpful I'm afraid and right now I don't feel the urge to be very nice......

myhto

Thank you Serphiot! I'll try downloading the app again.

_Dalle_

The webpage is working fine for me now. 

kylesimpson235
_Dalle_ wrote:

Hey there, 

is it just for me or are the Videos for iOS still not working? 

I'm refering to the Website, not the App. 

Thanks, 

Dalle

Hi there!

It is now a common issue with the iPhone users to have problems with the videos. However, you can go with a powerful method to solve this issue. Just use the iPhone recovery tool.

To know more visit: http://www.iphonevideorecovery.com/de/beheben-itunes-unbekannter-fehler28.php