Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Live chess board buggy in Safari on OS X 10.9.1

• 7 months ago · Quote · #1

dafacto

Hello,

Since upgrading from OS X 10.9 to 10.9.1, the live chess board has proven really buggy.

On my MacBook Air, if I switch browser tabs during a live game, when I return to the Chess.com tab, the live game board will be frozen for me -- I can't move. I have to reload the page to get a working board back.

On my son's Mac mini, it's even worse -- even without switching browser tabs, his live chess board freezes after every single move (even on the "simple" board). So for him, chess.com live chess is currently completely unsable.

Hope you guys can get this fixed.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #2

BadHabitZZZ

I hate upgrades,.. In a galaxy far far away ,...

their was once a Mule named JobZZZ

He felt software should work with the same dependability as when you use your toaster or turn on the ignition of your car,..

Then he died, and the Hedge Fund Managers took over the company,..

i.e. Don't upgrade unless something is wrong with your computer,...

• 7 months ago · Quote · #3

copkutusu

I have the same problem here

• 7 months ago · Quote · #4

kohai

Odd, is this Lion or Maverick ? I'm using Mac Mini at the moment and haven't had any issues with Safari 7.

• 7 months ago · Quote · #5

copkutusu

10.9.1 Maverick

• 7 months ago · Quote · #6

kohai

Ok thanks, I'll boot mine up and see what's going on with it.

Anything else I should be looking for?

• 7 months ago · Quote · #7

copkutusu

Everything else seems to be working fine, thanks your interest

• 5 months ago · Quote · #8

The_Tactic

I'm still experiencing this by the way.

• 5 months ago · Quote · #9

ankur_

Bump. I'm still experiencing this issue with 10.9.2 with Safari Version 7.0.2 (9537.74.9). It's been happening for the last few months but wasn't happening before that.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #10

JG888

I've had a similar issue ... In 1 of 3 games played on average, Chess.com not usable because I have to reload after every move, eating up my clock.  This happened for me before and after OS X upgrade.  I am very discouraged to see that this issue has been going on for some time and Chess.com has not fixed it.  Otherwise a GREAT site, but I can't use it.  I have sent at least 6 comments.  Each time a response within 24 hours but not came.  It looks like chess.com could not care less about this.  It is very frustrating to lose or not get to participate in good games because this starts happening.  Anyone know any reliable instant game chess sites?

Post your reply: