Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

my chess.com email

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

kyten44

hello. I cannot access my chess.com email. It claims that username/password is incorrect? Arn't they they same as my chess.com account?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

artfizz

Are you getting prompted for username & password from inside chess.com (i.e. MY HOME -> Email)?

Or are you trying to access your email outside chess.com?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

kyten44

I have tried the link next to my username, and also from my home then email. I don't know what else to try?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

cpctc

I had a problem with my chess.com email before. If your answer to this question is yes, I think I know why it doesn't work:

Have you changed your chess.com password for logining in before you couldn't access your email?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

kyten44

I think that I might have changed my password, no that you mention it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

cpctc

This means that your chess.com password isn't synced with your email. In order to access it, go to your email. Once it says that your password is incorrect, look at the URL. Try to find the part where it says:

Username=kyten444&Password=(Your original Password)

Change the (Your Original Password) to (Your Newer Password). See if that works.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

kyten44

the password in th url is the same as my chess.com account password.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

cpctc

Sorry, I reversed it. Change your new password in the URL to your old.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

erik

please try again?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

kohai

kyten44 wrote:

hello. I cannot access my chess.com email. It claims that username/password is incorrect? Arn't they they same as my chess.com account?

As we don't keep a record of passwords, i've synchronised your chess.com log in password and your email password so they are now the same.

When you log into your emails, please enter the same password for emails that you would use to log into chess.com. If you're still having problems, please let me know.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

cpctc

kohai wrote:
    kyten44 wrote:

As we don't keep a record of passwords, i've synchronised your chess.com log in password and your email password so they are now the same.

When you log into your emails, please enter the same password for emails that you would use to log into chess.com. If you're still having problems, please let me know.

Interesting....This is the exact same thing you wrote to me b4.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

kohai

Yep :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

kyten44

Thank you. it works fine now.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

kohai

Ok it should now be the same password (if your email client asks) as the one you use to log into the site with.

Ozzie let me know if its working for you or not please

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

oinquarki

ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

Though this is not nearly as bad as on another chess server, where an administrator actually approached me asking about my password. I think he said "I see you've chosen yourself an interesting password." True story. Granted, the password was mean/vulgar towards that particular administrator, but seriously???

Hilarious!Laughing

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

kohai

The email system didn't.  On this email client we use now, we're limited to what we can do with it.

Ozzie, what you and i discussed, that works with the site without problems, it was the email client that wasn't accepting it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

TheFearedBeing

[COMMENT DELETED]

Post your reply: