Forums

My opponent delays constantly

Sort:
brunojust

He's got 46 minutes left and he's on his fourth vacation! We've been playing since May 14. It's been nearly 3 months and he's only on his 24th move. Is there a place where I can contact Staff? I can't seem to find it.

Dadnavy71

brunojust, his is vacation over yet? What happened since your last post?

brunojust

Dadnavy71: The dude came back from vacation made one move and then went on vacation immediately after. He's just back from his 4th vac. What I don't understand, among many things, is how he can have another 10 hours when 36 hours ago he had only 24.

Frankiebones7983: In my case, this fellow takes three days even when it's a simple move to make bacause he's in check and the king has only one square he can move to. He's a serial frustrator. Occasionally, I meet people like this in my life and I run a mile, I won't have anything to do with them.

Dadnavy71

I  will think about this one, and MathBandit good points but being polite and respectful of the time your opponent invests in "his/her" game is also a consideration! I have had this happen to me already in some games even being fairly new to site. It would seem at least whatever game is being played, is a game to be played. Why agree to play a game and then not play even if you can. All people here do not really seem unrealistic. Unique problem. I guess, why take on a turn based game if you know your schedule, life events,... will not support it might be nice to not present a opportunity to play in first place. Things turn up in life, attitudes agree that is CC. I would probably send a message saying (many times) "I see you on vacation today still, just wanted to tell you I await patiently your return, to get back to our exciting game" then send the message back auto-generated for the auto-generated message alert that a player already recieves.

brunojust

Thanks Dadnavy71. On the sending a message suggestion, he's turned off chat so that I can't message him. I just have to put up with him until the end or resign and be done with him.

Dadnavy71

Brunojust, you are most welcome!

brunojust

Hi guys! He's on his 5th vacation now. It's move 26! Does anyone know how I can get onto Staff, please?

brunojust

Well, well, he lost on time!

Dadnavy71

Smile

LoveYouSoMuch

poetic justice? congratulations :D

brunojust

Thanks guys!