Forums

New look for chess.com

Sort:
AlCzervik

I had a pop-up that chess.com will be changing the look of the site. When is this happening?

I clicked on the link to check it out, and, it made me think, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I didn't notice any improvement. Am I missing something? Why the change?

chess_kebabs

everything looks the same.. not enough contrast/definition.

chess_kebabs

I hate it when sites go backwards in the name of 'progress'.

Just like Timeline on Facebook which I refuse to adopt until forced to. Where posts are all over the place, jumping/swapping from side to side and it's difficult to track anything anymore and it all looks unbalanced. The concept of 'space' is taken away as well as 'balance'.

chess_kebabs

Where is the  Admins list in Groups? Why only Super Admins?

xqsme

I have concerns that the small games display proposal will be illegible  on many smaller screens and are more difficult to grasp  mentally than the current arrangement

Also I have lost the links for the discussion on new proposals could somebody please remind me ?

AlCzervik
xqsme wrote:

I have concerns that the small games display proposal will be illegible  on many smaller screens and are more difficult to grasp  mentally than the current arrangement

Also I have lost the links for the discussion on new proposals could somebody please remind me ?

Links for new proposals? I never heard of this. I'd be interested in that.

Your comment regarding the small game display is right on the money. I only have 3 current games, but, when I logged on to the new version, my first thought was, what about those that have 20 games? Or 50? Or 100? Will there be 100 little chessboards in front of them?

I must admit that I really like this site-the way it is. Improvements have been made in my short time here (live tournaments), and, some have been good.

I'm surprised there has not been one response from any staff member. We often hear that staff members are extremely busy. Understandable. Yet, this is at least the 2nd time I have written, where, I am basically asking staff members to respond (in another recent topic I had specifically asked for an answer). This site directs users to go to the forums before sending messages directly to staff.

Well, here we are. If staff members want us to use the forums, as I have, staff must also be responsive when there are concerns. In a way (Erik), you've kinda created a monster! A great site, yes. Starting out, I would have directed questions to the forums, also. I get it. Not enough time to monitor everything. But now there are some forum topics that should get immediate attention, but don't. 

I specifically started this topic under the heading of help and support. The title of my post (I thought) would instantly receive attention (read: answers).

chess_kebabs
TMIMITW wrote:
xqsme wrote:

Links for new proposals? I never heard of this. I'd be interested in that.

Your comment regarding the small game display is right on the money. I only have 3 current games, but, when I logged on to the new version, my first thought was, what about those that have 20 games? Or 50? Or 100? Will there be 100 little chessboards in front of them?

I must admit that I really like this site-the way it is. Improvements have been made in my short time here (live tournaments), and, some have been good.

I'm surprised there has not been one response from any staff member. We often hear that staff members are extremely busy. Understandable. Yet, this is at least the 2nd time I have written, where, I am basically asking staff members to respond (in another recent topic I had specifically asked for an answer). This site directs users to go to the forums before sending messages directly to staff.

Well, here we are. If staff members want us to use the forums, as I have, staff must also be responsive when there are concerns. In a way (Erik), you've kinda created a monster! A great site, yes. Starting out, I would have directed questions to the forums, also. I get it. Not enough time to monitor everything. But now there are some forum topics that should get immediate attention, but don't. 

I specifically started this topic under the heading of help and support. The title of my post (I thought) would instantly receive attention (read: answers).

There is a tiny graphic/link above the games (far right) to switch from showing the games as a display image or as a list.  

xqsme

Latest information...We now have new forum "New Site Design Feedback"

xqsme
[COMMENT DELETED]
chess_kebabs
ibeachessnut wrote:

I don't care for the new grid page with all the little boards. I can't see all of them . In the list of all games the tourney names are not listed either. I can't make group moves on the tourney games all together. It is also harder to look up stats on people. I hope they work the bugs out of this it will take some gettin used to. when I look at an opponents game list I have NO idea what tournaments they playin in.

ibeachessnut, you can view your games as a list if you want. There are 2 small icons above all the games board graphics you can see. The far right one of 3 parallel lines is the link to view your games in list form. 

chess_kebabs
ibeachessnut wrote:

Thanks but it does'nt work. I've been clicking on list since the change but it does'nt work. what am I doing wrong. thank you for thinking of me.

Do you have any notifications to change browsers on your home page?

Did you try quitting your  browser and emptying your cache and then trying again?

johnmusacha

Did you try "deleting the cookies"?

Facebook

Is photos or album tool r still in v3 or deleted....:-/

RonaldJosephCote

When this new version comes out I think everybody will have to empty their cache, and delete cookies.

Facebook

K....tks..ronald. 4....info..:-)

johnmusacha

What about re-installing Windows, as well as cleaning the heat sink and re-applying the thermal paste on there?

johnmusacha

I recently cleaned cookies, re-installed Windows 3.1 and upgraded to 20 MB of RAM and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

RonaldJosephCote

Windows 3  ??

johnmusacha

No, I had Windows 3 and I recently upgraded to Windows 3.1 -- it is much better.

Only geeks still use Windows 3.0, man.

RonaldJosephCote

You'll be a lot happier with Windows 7