Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Resolved: Premium Account/Money Going Down Thing.

• 2 years ago · #1

Bigtags7

Hey guys,

I have had Preminuim account now for some time, and everytime i check it it first said i had $48 dollars for upgrades now it has gone down and has been going down day after day. 

Why is it going down?

And what items can i spend it for since it does state " Money left for upgrades ".

Thanks,

Bigtags7 

• 2 years ago · #2

pwwaring

I think that's the credit you would get toward upgrading your account to a higher level. It goes down as you progress through your current year's membership.

• 2 years ago · #3

champ_weller

so could i use this vice versa say that i am not going to be able to pay for the diamond membership and i have enough for a year of premium i could downgrade to that?

• 2 years ago · #4

Bigtags7

So does that mean if  i run out of money will my membership be expired???

• 2 years ago · #5

Bigtags7

Ive tryed upgrading to a diamond membership with the 47 dollars i have left for 1 month but dosent work...so what can i upgrade with my money??

• 2 years ago · #6

pwwaring

Looks like this answers that question:

Upgrades/Downgrades

Upgrading can be done at any time and the upgrade price will be pro-rated according to the time used and time remaining. The upgrade price will show in the checkout process/cart. Downgrades are not available until after the expiration of the original subscription. To downgrade please contact Member Support.

From the subscriber agreement at this link:

http://www.chess.com/legal.html#subscriber

• 2 years ago · #7

Bigtags7

But then why cant i upgrade? Asks me to login into paypal? And i dont want to do that... :/ 

• 2 years ago · #8

pwwaring

Because you'd owe more money to do it?  You'd get credit for the unused portion of your platinum membership, but still owe the balance for the diamond...

• 2 years ago · #9

Patzer24

The remaining premium membership credit is the remaining amount on your premium membership which you can use to change from one premium membership plan to another premium membership plan so that you will only have to pay the difference when changing from one premium membership plan to another.

• 2 years ago · #10

Bigtags7

Oh ok i get it now. Just my last question if i run out of Membership credit does my membership expire?? 

• 2 years ago · #11

radar89

I think that the way it works is that when you pay for a years membership at a higher level you get a pro-rata discount of your remaining membership at your current level

• 2 years ago · #12

Bigtags7

So if i dont have any money memerbship credit am i no longer a member? 

• 2 years ago · #13

TadDude

Bigtags7 wrote:

So if i dont have any money memerbship credit am i no longer a member? 

You paid for a specified period. After that period is over, and you have cancelled your auto renew, you will become a basic/free member.

This forum topic has been locked.