Forums

Problem with tabs on vote chess page.

Sort:
mistermax

For a couple of weeks now, the tabs on the vote chess page have covered up some of the board.  I have tried Firefox v13.0, Safari, and IE.  Here is a Firefox screenshot:

Several other people have commented that they have similar problems.   I can provide additional information if necessary.

Thanks.

Bubatz

Same here - the problem is real and indeed very annoying. Unlike in the screenshot, for me the tabs often also cover the time remaining.

(And btw a similar problem in online chess: If the opponent is on vacation, the displayed vacation message is covering parts of the info directly below the board too.)

kohai

Is that in a group vote chess or a 'fun vote chess' anyone can join?

Can you post a link to it please so I can investigate?

Bubatz

I don't know if a link is really helpful because the phenomenon suddenly appeared in every vote chess game for me (about 12 or so) a few weeks ago - not only in new ones. 

Still here is an example of a vc game that is on since quite a while now and where I had no graphics issues since a few weeks ago:

http://www.chess.com/votechess/game.html?id=24777

mistermax

It is in all of my vote chess games - I am playing about 20.  Like Bubatz said, it stated several weeks ago in all games simultaneously.  I have tried 3 browsers (Firefox, IE, and Safari), and three different machines.  I just checked and it even happens when I access chess.com from my ipad using safari!  So that is at least 3 different operating systems: XP, windows 7 (at work), and the ipad OS.

mistermax

To answer your question, those are all group vote chess games.

mistermax

I can confirm that the link Bubatz posted manifests the problem for me. (and that is also a game in which I am playing currently).

mistermax

Here is an example of an online game where the vacation message covers the information at the bottom of the board:

Daws74

I don't see this problem in ie9.

Billium248

I am actually in that very same game that Mistermax and Bubatz provided the link for, and everything looks fine to me.  I haven't actually seen this issue in any of my vote chess games.  Undecided  I'm on my laptop running Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 and Firefox 13.0.1.

Bubatz

I'm on Firefox 13.0.1 and win7. My screen resolution is 1600*900.

Billium248

My screen is at 1280x600, so I don't think that's the issue either.  Maybe it's a Windows 7 thing?  Nope, Mistermax says he get's it on other systems too.  I don't know.  Undecided

Bubatz

Staff ... any news?

mistermax

This now appears to be fixed!  Can other folks please check to see if they still have the problem?

Bubatz

Fixed! Thanks a bunch, chess.com people! Cool

kohai

Programming team did that one :)