Forums

Problems displaying site correctly

Sort:
iused

I've been having problems with the chess.com website not loading properly. It takes extremely long to load and often just displays the website as a list of links down the left hand side of the page. Sometimes the board loads but not the pieces. This happens to me on different computers, and almost every time I try to use the site. If I revisit the site enough it eventually loads quickly and with no problem. Is anyone else having this problem, or know why it might be happening?

Eckensteher

hi, i had this problem while surfing with a umts-stick during holidays, but never from home. (exactly the same problems: like no pieces sometimes it loads sometimes not...) so it seems to be a bandwith problem, and not the site.

regards

erik

this is certainly odd. what do you see when you click on this link? ->

http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/css/chess.v13.css
iused
I see a long string of code,

hr{height:1px;border:1px solid #ddd;}img{bor...

At the moment the site is working ok for me, but taking a long time to load and
all of the menu icons are missing. Board and pieces are loading fine, after a while.

I just checked again and now the site is working normally. I still get the string of
code when I follow the link.
tie_died61

Just out of curiosity I tried that link too... I also get the line of code

FYI: I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 (latest version) but have no problems with the site ... works great!

erik

you are supposed to see code :) the point is to see if it is blocked or not.

dunce
tie_died61 wrote:

Just out of curiosity I tried that link too... I also get the line of code

FYI: I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 (latest version) but have no problems with the site ... works great!

3.5.3 came out today lol.

iused

The site has been working more or less ok for me this last week or so. I just had the problem again though, where it is just displayed as a series of links. I came back here to try the CSS link. It wasn't blocked, but it timed out. Is chess.com just getting more traffic than it can handle? I don't think it's a problem with my bandwidth, other sites are loading nice and quick.

CPawn

Ive never had a problem with this site.  Using latest version of Firefox, and not a single popup.

The_Cobra

what are you running in the background - any virus scans or such like? - these could use a lot of the pc's resources and slow it down.