Forums

"Connection Interrupted"

Sort:
dragongoodman

I want to play in direct but the system tells that there are 0 players connected  ???? ... not possible ! ... must be a bug .... thanks to solve that !!!

anpu3

Yes, these things never happen at a 'good time'.  But it would be nice if Staff would apologize after the fact.  Rather than give us the 'deaf ear' as seems to be the case.

JGambit

+1 to the lost a game because server kicked me off for maintainace. Had a great position, every single pawn in front of opponents king had been moved.

Things like this make me feel like paying for ICC. Chess com got me hooked but ICC is a relieable fix. 

jrobichess

Been getting this for about a month now - can refresh the page a few times to get it to load, but it's hit and miss when this pops up and it will kill any interactive tool of the website.    Doesn't seem to impact live chess too much though thankfully.  ISP is not sure what's going on.  Something along the path on a tracert is timing out very frequently.

anpu3

Live Chess has Zero people on line.  Message says they are making improvements.  There's never a 'good time' for such things but really, Saturday afternoon?  And no "heads-up" alert in advance?  I thought Staff was supposed to be sensitive to Members.

EricFleet
anpu3 wrote:

Live Chess has Zero people on line.  Message says they are making improvements.  There's never a 'good time' for such things but really, Saturday afternoon?  And no "heads-up" alert in advance?  I thought Staff was supposed to be sensitive to Members.

My guess is that this was not planned and we are just seeing a generic server outage message.

EttoreMajorana

Very unlikely to be planned; it's affected a Death Match, after all.

JGambit

correct. To add to your guess, the site couldn't handle Deathmatch between an Fm no ones cares about and Esserman, plus saturday live chess traffic.

anpu3

Yes, EricFleet, that is a probable cause. 

However, this is a Help & Support Forum.  Since I can't play Live and my other Online games are static, then I have plenty of time to moan & groan here about the Staff's lack of concern in addressing this subject to my (and I hope others) satisfaction. 

In short, is it asking too much of Staff to step up to the plate & say something like... 'we are experiencing technical difficulties'.  That would at least recognize & validate our Membership on this site. 

LaurieHo

I have had this a lot recently on live chess, and it makes me rage.

anpu3

A year or so ago, we would have had a Staff member pop in here to at least say.. 'sorry, we're working on it'.  This Forum is going into it's 5th page and so far, no response from Staff.  That's what makes me more frustrated than the actual site problem.

anpu3

Well, I see Live Chess is back up & running.  Good.  But I still say, is it too much to ask Staff for a message or comment in the simple form of an apology for the inconvenience?

LaurieHo
Rigagician1959 wrote:

I lost my 2nd game when the 502 came up. After 7 moves, I don't see why I lost a bucket load of points for something out of my control? Scrrreeeaaaammm!!!!!

This happened to me as well, I feel the frustration.

AceDark

Having experienced "connection interrupted" too many times, and lost games I was winning because of it, I am leaving chess.com! I hope more honest, fair-playing, non-cheating players do the same! Maybe then the site might tackle this frustrating problem! Adios!

wanmokewan

Really?

EricFleet

I recommed this for our Windows users.

Drop to a command prompt. Run > cmd

ping -t google.com

This will cause your computer to continually ping google.com. If you have a connection problem, you will get a timeout message periodically. I did this to prove to my ISP that the problem was with them when I was getting timeouts.

I think most folks who are getting the connection issues are really having a problem with their ISP.

jimsmith23930

I am connection interrupted frusted can this be helped by joining the chess.com site?

Armin_Abbasi
intotheabyss2003 wrote:

only happens when your winning and the other person moves, its obviously a cheat. 

kkayye
I am having the same problems ever since they overhauled their IPad app.
joeman0

I am having the problem now.  the server is extremely slow and connection kept getting interrupted