Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Samsung 10.1 tab

• 10 months ago · Quote · #1

wolrab

Since updating my tablet with samsung update i cant move a piece to a blank square. I can move a piece if i am capturing though. Anyone else with this problem?

• 10 months ago · Quote · #2

jac1yn

Are you using the app for android?  

• 10 months ago · Quote · #3

wolrab

It works ok on the android app, you can move a piece to an empty square.  It is when you are using the website.  Checked it again last night and it is still only letting you move a piece if you are capturing.

Thanks for looking into it.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #4

wolrab

Strangely though, in analysis mode you can also move to a empty square.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #5

wolrab

Things have changed again! I can't capture pieces now.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #6

kohai

A fix has been created for this and should now be working for you

• 10 months ago · Quote · #7

wolrab

The behaviour has changed slightly now. If i click e2for instance a yellow border appears around e6 and I still can't move the piece.

• 10 months ago · Quote · #8

jac1yn

Have you tried clearing your browsing cache on the android browser to see if that helps at all?

• 10 months ago · Quote · #9

wolrab

I've just tried it, and reopened browser but it hasn't made a difference unfortunately

• 9 months ago · Quote · #10

wolrab

Is anybody else experiencing this issue with Samsung tab?

• 9 months ago · Quote · #11

jac1yn

We haven't seen any other reports of the issue to my knowledge.  Are you only having the issue in online chess or is this happening on all boards?

• 9 months ago · Quote · #12

wolrab

It is happening on online chess board but works ok on analysis board. It also happens on the tactics trainer board.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #13

ardubew

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung note but only on the website. The first move isn't a problem but on the second move the piece I want to move will highlight and then won't move. Seems like the website freezes up on me.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #14

wolrab

Same here.  The mobile app works fine on the Samsung.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #15

jac1yn

ardubew & wolrab- are you clicking and dragging pieces or clicking and clicking to move? Can you please try turning off previous move highlights to see if that changes anything?

• 8 months ago · Quote · #16

wolrab

Hi Jac1yn, I'm clicking and clicking and just tested switching off previous moves and it didn't make a difference.

• 8 months ago · Quote · #17

jac1yn

Thanks for trying that! I'll get it reported to our team. 

• 8 months ago · Quote · #18

wolrab

Thanks Jac1yn

• 8 months ago · Quote · #19

ardubew

Same here - I turned off that option but I can still only make one move before the board locks up. The app is completely functional, this only happens when I use the website on my tablet. Thank you for looking in to this!

Post your reply: