Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

(unrated) members

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

BorgQueen

I am seeing people with (unrated) against their name and their statistics destroyed.  These people did have a rating and perhaps a lot of games against their name, but yet, now they are "unrated".

Is data being lost in the system or what?

EG:

http://www.chess.com/echess/profile/gemcarter

I know this man personally and I KNOW he had a rating.   Now he doesn't.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

planeden

i didn't read the link, but there were some errors that caused rated people to become unrated.  when they finish their first rated game the rating will come back. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

BorgQueen

Mnnn... so it's a "fix" that stuffed him up?

Seems a but loose of a reason.  He wasn't rated 1200 before, he was definitely rated and now he's not.

As long as they know about it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

PrawnEatsPrawn

See post #3 and later Kohai's contribution:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/544-games-and-still-unrated

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

BorgQueen

Yeah, I don't think I'll go to that extent... I might if it were my account that got trashed though ^_^

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

planeden

BorgQueen wrote:

Yeah, I don't think I'll go to that extent... I might if it were my account that got trashed though ^_^

hahahaha. i'll help:

"With the ratings issue, there were a few cases when a member was set as unrated even though they had played rated games. This happened to you because you've played more unrated than rated games. littlehotpots rating will get back to normal after the next rated game finishes." sincerely, kohai

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

BorgQueen

Thanks Planeden :-)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

planeden

it's the least i can do with all the help you have provided my friend there in "if you know"

of course, it really was the least i can do since prawn went to the trouble to post the link. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

BorgQueen

Ah, thanks Prawn, I didn't notice your post there, must be something wrong with my ocular implants.  

Thanks to you too :-)

Post your reply: