Forums

Untracking blocked thread

Sort:
pocklecod

Hey,

I got blocked from somebody's thread but now I can't figure out how to stop tracking it.  Once blocked, the input box, along with the "tracking" button disappear.   I can't figure out another way to remove a thread from my tracking list.

What do I do?

MSC157

Yeah, this is hell. Especially if the thread appears to be the neverending one.

pocklecod

Wow...so there's no way to fix this?  Jeez...I figured I was just missing something.

This is a serious oversight, then...

WBFISHER

Ask them to unblock you until you can untrack the thread. 

kco
Marcus-Ginantonicus wrote:

Just ask support to untrack you.

+1

kleelof

Yeah, I was just blocked by the Indian who was bragging about India because I asked him to provide proof.

I don't mind being blocked by small-minded dweebs, but, hey, if they blocked me, then I should not have to keep ignoring the 'New Message' updates.

I guess there is no way to know who has blocked you. This is the third person, I know of, who has blocked me. In all 3 cases it was when I went to respond to a thread that I realized this.

It would be interesting to know who the most blocked user is.

kleelof
WBFISHER wrote:

You are completely unable to contact the person in any way once they have blocked you.

kleelof
kaynight wrote:

Kle: If you want to post something in the India thread let me know, until I'm blocked.

Thanks. I was able to say the last thing I wanted say, which, funny enough, lead to the block. Laughing

LesuhAn

I never realized that. I think it's poetic justice in certain cases, haha!

johnmusacha
kleelof wrote:
WBFISHER wrote:

You are completely unable to contact the person in any way once they have blocked you.

Go through a common friend, or any third party really.

PastorGlass

Or just ignore it.

pocklecod
LesuhAn wrote:

I never realized that. I think it's poetic justice in certain cases, haha!

It could be, unless it's the OP who is being the jerk. 

The thought crossed my mind to block you from this thread and then post something in it every day for weeks just to demonstrate the point.  I'm not going to actually do it...but you get the picture.  ;)

LesuhAn

If you had done that then you would be one of those "certain" people I was referring to. However, I would have submitted a ticket to have it fixed within a day or two and you would be wasting weeks posting/talking to yourself, which you would have deserved. ;) Glad your finer instincts prevailed. Hmm, wondering if I should untrack, now...