Forums

Sort:
ChessStudent1986

Finally finally i have passed the 1500 mark in Live Blitz chess. It took me over a year with very light study but Im looking forward to getting over 2000 here over the next 6 months to a year. Hopefully i can throw a CM or FM Title in there somewhere while im at it! Man this is exciting!

ChaoChinKun

Ah, the optimism of youth...

ChessStudent1986

Youth? Man im 26

Rasparovov

1500 in a year? You know 0-1500 is not such a big step comparing to 1500-2000. 

ChessStudent1986

Yeah but im talking about i was one of the worst chess players on Earth a year ago and i would go sometimes 5 or 6 days without so much as looking at a chess board so due to the time given its good. ill top 2000 just give me time

Zen

Congrats on reaching your milestone. Maybe you should give yourself a bit more time for 1500 to 2000, though, at least if you keep going as you have thus far.

kodeeak

test out different openings

overclockedapebrain
[COMMENT DELETED]
kodeeak

real mature

videomantv
ChessStudent1986 wrote:

Youth? Man im 26

now THAT is funny!

"Stop saying I'm tense, Dammit! And go get me a valium!"

ratatouie

ok, ur not to tense ur a lil distaught

ChessStudent1986

Thank you Zen

ChessStudent1986

Not on this site to make any friends. Im on it to use people to get better. And i stay in Southwest Fort Worth so im not going all the way to Dallas to play OTB chess with anyone.

skilledwolf

I also live in SW FW and I went to an OTB tournament in Watauga. They have regular tournaments for cash. I finished 2nd out of 10 players with +2-0=1 and won $35 (EF $20) so it is well worth your time.

johnmusacha
ChessStudent1986 wrote:

" Im on it to use people to get better. "

Quite a humanitarian, I see! 

ChessStudent1986

best of luck Legitimate

DrSpudnik

These you left on your home page:

i think your mother didint teach you good manners.

by den_reyes86 33 hours ago

chess Student you are a very poor looser leaving the game without resigning

by Iamnotaqueen 3 days ago

Maybe you should work on sportsmanship instead of worrying about your rating. No one will remember your rating. People will remember this kind of stuff for years.

johnmusacha

I agree.  That's what ShadowKnight was getting at too.  What do you expect from someone that doesn't care about sportsmanship; someone that seems to think his opponents are merely to be "used" to further his own experience.

AndyClifton

Then of course there was EightPackKilla's:  "You really suck." Laughing

DrSpudnik

What goes around...