Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Anyone else had this problem?


  • 7 months ago · Quote · #1

    Ruby-Fischer

    There is a problem with live chess. Some moves are not registering. This has happened twice. Once a while ago and once today.

    I was playing a game, made my move. My opponent did not move and I watched his clock tick by feeling irritated as I thought he had stopped playing because he was losing.

    Suddenly a box popped up with black loses on time. I was black and I had lost on time. 

    Clearly for some reason my move had not registered with chess.com as having been made.

    This is really irritating as win so few games anyway.. would be nice to win the ones I actually could win.

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #2

    jac1yn

    Sorry you're having issues with live chess. Can you please let me know what browser and operating system (along with versions of both) that you're using?  Does this happen often?

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #3

    Ruby-Fischer

    Hi Jac1yn, thanks. I did already report it when it happened last time. This is the second time.

    Im using a Mac with Safari.

    I did have chrome, but it doesnt support flash anymore for some reason, so I had to change.

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #4

    Lou-for-you

    I played a game where a pawn suddenly disappeared and reappeared somewhere else. After 5 moves it was correct again. It was yesterday.

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #5

    Ruby-Fischer

    It seems a few other people have also had this problem.

    http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/stealing-my-time

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #6

    Ruby-Fischer

    Lou-for-you wrote:

    I played a game where a pawn suddenly disappeared and reappeared somewhere else. After 5 moves it was correct again. It was yesterday.

    Hmm, not had that happen yet, that is strange. 

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #7

    Lou-for-you

    I played black and white had a pawn on c3 that disappeared and that was on f6 together with my knight...on the same cell..

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #8

    Wolfbird

    Ruby, I've heard of other people having the same problem as you. One of the reasons I play so little livechess is because of the connection problems. I've learned that if my opponent doesn't move within a reasonable amount of time -- even if it looks like his clock is ticking  -- I'll refresh my screen.

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #9

    kohai

    Ruby-Fischer wrote:

    There is a problem with live chess. Some moves are not registering. This has happened twice. Once a while ago and once today.

    I was playing a game, made my move. My opponent did not move and I watched his clock tick by feeling irritated as I thought he had stopped playing because he was losing.

    Suddenly a box popped up with black loses on time. I was black and I had lost on time. 

    Clearly for some reason my move had not registered with chess.com as having been made.

    This is really irritating as win so few games anyway.. would be nice to win the ones I actually could win.

    Are you playing via Facebook or direct through Chess.com?

    Is your Mac wifi? (aircard)

    When the issues happen, are you playing via the Mac itself or were you using the ipad?

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #10

    Gramercy

    Same problem as Ruby for me here: http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=604949966

    My last move was Rc8, but it doesn't show there. Info: Windows Vista, regular PC, wireless, Firefox, no other programs running, not even an extra tab open and playing directly on Chess.com.

    And while we're at it, I thought I was doing allright here: http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=604519611 Then all of a sudden I got a draw..?



  • 7 months ago · Quote · #11

    Ruby-Fischer

    kohai wrote:
    Ruby-Fischer wrote:

    There is a problem with live chess. Some moves are not registering. This has happened twice. Once a while ago and once today.

    I was playing a game, made my move. My opponent did not move and I watched his clock tick by feeling irritated as I thought he had stopped playing because he was losing.

    Suddenly a box popped up with black loses on time. I was black and I had lost on time. 

    Clearly for some reason my move had not registered with chess.com as having been made.

    This is really irritating as win so few games anyway.. would be nice to win the ones I actually could win.

    Are you playing via Facebook or direct through Chess.com?

    Is your Mac wifi? (aircard)

    When the issues happen, are you playing via the Mac itself or were you using the ipad?

    Kohai, mac is wi-fi, direct through Chess.com. 

  • 7 months ago · Quote · #12

    Ruby-Fischer

    Wolfbird wrote:

    Ruby, I've heard of other people having the same problem as you. One of the reasons I play so little livechess is because of the connection problems. I've learned that if my opponent doesn't move within a reasonable amount of time -- even if it looks like his clock is ticking  -- I'll refresh my screen.

    Thats a good idea, I hadn't even thought of doing that!!   Smile

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #13

    ratatouie

    tell me abt it


Back to Top

Post your reply: