Forums

Complaints about bonus time

Sort:
bondiggity

I play a lot of 2 1 on live chess (I can't play anything quicker, but I like to play quick :D), and a few times my opponents have complained about the bonus time. It has happened when I was dominating in the endgame, but with very little time left. Naturally I could survive with the extra second, and with the premoves easily rack up time. 

Now a few times my opponents have called this bullshit and I don't understand why. They accepted my challenge, they should be aware of this. Has this happened to any of you guys before, and what is your opinion on this?

clbcrosby

I think you should have an increment. Just because of the nature of chess games can vary in length greatly. Timed games are supposed to be about managing time (in my humble opinion), not just seeing who can move their hand over to the clock the quickest.

exigentsky

I prefer using increments myself. It avoids the mindless mouse racing that often occurs in their absence. With an increment of five seconds or so, moves might actually have consequences. It's not your fault if your opponents don't understand them and use the same strategies trying to win on time.

bondiggity

Increments were what I was talking about (on live chess it's labeled bonus time)

Baseballfan

If someone doesnt like playing with an increment, they shouldnt sign up to play that kind of game. The system is pretty clear about when there is an increment and when there is not. Just my $0.02

Sojkicz

Well, I don't care but if I understand you well, you just make any possible move as quick as possible to gain some time from increments? If so, then I can understand your opponents (for example Q an K vs. K endgame with 1 second for you and thirty for your opponent - and you move your queen around to get more seconds). If they complain only because of the thing, that your time is not over and you play to win not to get time, then it is unreasonable behavior. That's for me

fugleman1971

AT THE FIRST, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY ONE WHO IS WORKING HARD, IN CHESS .COM......MY COMPLAIN IS VERY SERIOUS ONE TO WHOM IT ME CONCERN,THAT CONCERNING MY PRIVATE ISSUE.........!!!! I WANT TO SHOW  AND GUIDE ME WHAT DO THEY MEAN OF YOUR SLOGAN AS((FAIR POLICY IN CHESS))BUT SOME OF YOU  WHEN I DISCOVERED BY MY OWN WAY THAT HE IS SPY AND JOBBERY WITH FORIEN SOURCES TO DO ALOT OF ABUSIVE ,VULGAR LANGUAGE,TOILET HUMER ,SPAMMING POINTLESS DISTRACTING AND DISCONNCTION OF MY LINE TOO!!!!!!!!!AS WELL AS CHEATING IN TIME . IAM ASKING WHAT ABULL SHIT OF  YOUR FAIR POLICY  IN YOUR POST?????????? ARE YOU FREE IN YOUR POLICY OR SLAVE TO BAD AGENTS????????????YOUR SITE WILL BE NEVER FAIR OR GOOD IF YOU STILL  GETTING SOME SHIT!!ORDERS FROM OUTSIDE PERSONS AND DICTATE THIER POISONOUS THOUGHTS AND IDEAS!!!!ANY WAY I KNOW EVERY SMALL AND BIG POINT!!JESUS IS CRYING !!!!!!!!!!!YOU CAN DO ANY THING IN YOUR WORLD BUT PROMISE ME DO NOT BE HYPOCRITE YOU CAN INVESTEGATE WITH YOURSELF IN MY ACCOUNT AND YOUR SYSTEM TOO.I HAVE MORE AND MORE OF IMPORTANTS POINTS TO TELL YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT FAIR ENTIRELY!!!!BUT(( THE LEAST SAID THE BETTER))I KNOW MY WORDS CUT MORE THAN SWORD ,OTHERWISE THIS IS THE REAL TRUTH.SORRY TO SAY :AVAUNT YOUR POLICY TO HELL!!.......FINALLY ,I HOPE TB BE SMART TO UNDERSTAND MY MESSAGE. THX ,AND HAVE ANEWFAIR POLICY IN YOUR SYSTEM!!

DrSpudnik

My toilet humer is broken for some raisin.

ivandh

It must be due to spy and jobbery.

ilikeflags

i'm imagining the process fungiman went through to find this thread.

DrSpudnik

Everyone complains about time increments, but for some reason, no one complains about time excrements! Undecided

ILBCNU

DrSpudnik

Unabomber?

electricpawn

I too have suffer from foreign agents who distact spam and disconnections cheating but stealing time and being hypocrite!

TheGrobe

Ahh, Jägerbomber.

electricpawn

Down the hatch, eh?

ilikeflags

nonsense, fungiman has a voice!

AndyClifton

He also has a megaphone.

TornadoChaser
DrSpudnik wrote:

Everyone complains about time increments, but for some reason, no one complains about time excrements!

Every time I try, my "toilet humer" breaks; I just resign Laughing

DrSpudnik

Maybe more moral fiber would help?