hello,
    many opponents have the behaviour like a computer. so my question is:
    "is live-chess a game against humans, oder against "robots"?"

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

CerebralAssassin

nope...it's fake

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

rickdaniels52

unfortunately the opportunity for cheating is very real  but i think most games are against real persons

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

Zwit

if it were against computers, than i would lose all those games. now i find opponents who are in my little low class - thx to chess.com

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

Hydra

hi 5734,

The vast majority of games are against humans yes, of course some people do cheat, but chess.com bans members for cheating everyday, and are very quick to keep on top of it :)

Regards

Hydra

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

Hydra

Shadowknight911,

Its very difficult to compare ratings from 2 different websites, there are many differences and elements that will effect it:)

Regards

Hydra

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

Zwit wrote:

if it were against computers, than i would lose all those games.

that is not correct. computers can have different difficulty level. there are cpu`s with ELO 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, ... and so on.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

The vast majority of games are against humans yes, of course some people do cheat, but chess.com bans members for cheating everyday, .....

Regards

Hydra

my worry is that chess.com does cheat. possibility 1: they integrate robots to increase the number of members. humans think they play against humans, but in reality there are computer machines.

i have played a lot of games where my opponent did have the behaviour of an engine. :-(((

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

PLAVIN81

REPORT HIM TO CHESS.COM====HE WILLBE SUSPENDEDSealed

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

50 percent of the players cannot answer simple questions which are posted in the chat. many robots are here!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

Kimboz

5734 wrote:

50 percent of the players cannot answer simple questions which are posted in the chat. many robots are here!

I always support the option of having an option to accept challenges only from people who have an average of at least five in-game chat messages.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

Saint-Paulia

Kimboz wrote:
    5734 wrote:

I always support the option of having an option to accept challenges only from people who have an average of at least five in-game chat messages.

Are you saying that you would like to have this option but that it currently does not exist (I can't find any such option in my Live Games Settings). I have occasionally noticed this and actually asked a question about this in my first week here. But in that instance I thought that my human opponent was simply using a computer as a aid, not that I was playing a computer masquerading as a human. A staff member should weigh on this question!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

Kimboz

Saintpauliana wrote:

Are you saying that you would like to have this option but that it currently does not exist (I can't find any such option in my Live Games Settings).

Yes I would love to choose my opponents among those who can actually reply to aswers... I am unnerved by the silent opponents and quite invariably end up losing the games where the other one just keeps it shut

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

king_warrior

I usualy play 5 min game, so if my opponent can manage to cheat at that short time and not run out of the tame, than let it be...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

Saintpauliana wrote:
     But in that instance I thought that my human opponent was simply using a computer as a aid, not that I was playing a computer masquerading as a human. A staff member should weigh on this question!

No, the most time you play against computer, no human. try to chat, and you will see.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

Qwertykeyboard

5734 wrote:

The vast majority of games are against humans yes, of course some people do cheat, but chess.com bans members for cheating everyday, .....

Regards

Hydra

my worry is that chess.com does cheat. possibility 1: they integrate robots to increase the number of members. humans think they play against humans, but in reality there are computer machines.

i have played a lot of games where my opponent did have the behaviour of an engine. :-(((

#Conspiracy Theory

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

Saint-Paulia

@Qwerty: "#Conspiracy Theory"

That's a facile response which does not add to the discussion. Obviously this use (if it exists) of robots by chess.com would be a conspiracy indeed. But frankly just judging from my own interactions with and knowlege of the staff's morals, I'd think not.

Post your reply: