Sort:
flatseven
[COMMENT DELETED]
Krone

no clueCool

bjazz

Did he play the bongcloud on you?

flatseven

Yes, but several times I did not check him when I should have.  First with my queen.  He even left his king in check and it was my turn and I could not take him.  I moved my queen in frustration and threw it away.

oinquarki

What the heck are you talking about?

TrueFiction
You should try and backtrace him, and also contact the cyber police.
flatseven

Now everyone is going to think I'm crazy, but I swear the white Queen pawn disappeared off my board.  I was unable to see it while I was playing, which made me think I was checking him when I was not.  

If you think I'm nuts, fine.  If this has ever happened to you, raise your hand...

dclark_spc
[COMMENT DELETED]
bjazz

Wait... Are you Haywood?

But seriously. If the piece images fail to load properly, then the blame is probably in old software. Update your browser and java and you should be fine.

rockpeter

Were you using wooden pieces or plastic ?

NimzoRoy
flatseven wrote:

Now everyone is going to think I'm crazy, but I swear the white Queen pawn disappeared off my board.  I was unable to see it while I was playing, which made me think I was checking him when I was not.  

If you think I'm nuts, fine.  If this has ever happened to you, raise your hand...

I noticed a few such gliltches here but not recently. Of course that doesn't mean they don't happen to other peeps here. Not much you can do about it besides tell the management, clearing your browser's cache, using a different browser and you can also try rebooting your PC, probably won't help but can't hurt.

nigelzub

nimzoroy is right my queen disappeared but i found it the garden shed 

TheProChessGuy

No Hacks. Bro.

RonaldJosephCote

Jesus Christ Henry Wang/ Oops, I mean JOHNNY. Can you make it more simple??

nopenope123
Ry888 wrote:
You should try and backtrace him, and also contact the cyber police.

you sir. just won the net

Robert_New_Alekhine
flatseven wrote:

I think that there was an answer to this somewhere in the forums...

maxwalker2003

Use the app. No more problems. (I'm not a advertiser)

DarkVlader
flatseven wrote:

Yeah one time when I was playing, my opponent's rook moved from c8 to h2 in 1 move, but I don't actually think that was because he hacked the server. I think my computer was just lagging, and I think that's also what happened to you. It might just be a problem with your browser, too. Refreshing the page or even reopening the game in another browser should do the trick. 

daxbriggs

Are you kidding me? All the app has is problems. I've had the same problem you have with pieces glitching. Web browser and mobile app. But I think that is just bugs. However, I do believe that people have found a way to manipulate the clock in live chess. I've had it happen numerous times. The other problem I'm having is the disconnecting problem while on the mobile app. I know what you're going to say. It's my Internet connection. I assure you, it is NOT. On multiple occasions, I have been disconnected from games, and subsequently lost the game because of it. I assure you again it is NOT my Internet connection. Best part about it? It only ever happens when I'm winning. And everytime I try to reboot the chess app (it will usually connect you right back into the game) but this is not the case. I can use all my other apps during this time, my Internet is working fine, however, I can not get the chess app to connect again. You can see the timer counting you down to auto resign, and literally the SECOND I auto resign, the app starts working again. It really is an annoyance, and I understand chess.com is a mostly free sight so finding good programmers might be hard. But seriously guys? I'm pretty sure my dog could do a better job at fixing the bugs in your app. I don't want to discontinue using chess.com because of it, because it really is a great place to play chess, and learn. But I'm becoming more and more tired of the stupid glitches, and feeling like people are possibly cheating. I really see no reason to keep my account except that I have had it for so long, and don't wish to throw away something I have worked on. Even if my ratings aren't the best.

maxwalker2003 wrote:

Use the app. No more problems. (I'm not a advertiser)

akifsupriadi

flatseven wrote:

[COMMENT DELETED]

flatseven wrote: [COMMENT DELETED]