Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Live Chess is much better now

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

hartofgold

Thanks you chess/code folks for debugging the site and continuing to improve it.  Almost not disconnects,  many more players online at any time, and when there is a disconnect,  the clock seems to be suspended. Laughing

• 5 years ago · Quote · #2

BorgQueen

Encouraging!  Thanks... I think I might switch to live for a while... if I can find the uninterrupted time...

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

BorgQueen

People intentionally disconnecting is an issue in all forms of online gaming.  Sadly there are too many people in the world who just can't cope with losing a game.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #5

gokdeniz

BorgQueen wrote:

People intentionally disconnecting is an issue in all forms of online gaming.  Sadly there are too many people in the world who just can't cope with losing a game.

does this mean "too many people can not use their brain to challenge with themselves" ?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #6

BorgQueen

No, it means "too many people in the world can't cope with losing at a game" !

• 5 years ago · Quote · #7

gokdeniz

BorgQueen wrote:

No, it means "too many people in the world can't cope with losing at a game" !

excatly!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #8

hartofgold

All good, and funny~  Cool

• 5 years ago · Quote · #9

BorgQueen

I played a few games of live last night.  Was great, no d/c's at all and the clock didn't seem to favour my opponent as it used to... Very impressed tbh :)

• 5 years ago · Quote · #10

hartofgold

Hard to believe how well they worked out the bugs.  They were overwhelmed by the demand to play. 

• 5 years ago · Quote · #11

_Chess_Boy_

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #12

hartofgold

Judging from the lack of complaints, I guess chess.com is doing just fine.  Cool

• 5 years ago · Quote · #13

hartofgold

For the first time in a month or two, I lost strictly on a disconnect. My clock went to zero.  We still need to fix that problem.  When there's a disconnect, the clock should be stopped until the reconnect, or the game should be cancelled.

Otherwise, chess.com is getting better and better. 

Emile R. 

• 5 years ago · Quote · #14

satorichess

I'm having problem playing live chess n the last 2 days.

I get suddenly disconnected, my clock stil runs....I wait...no connection restored and best of all I loose points and a couple of nearly won games.

So no connection and also loosing my games because of this I think it's too much.

If you have connections problem at chess.com at least make sure I don't loose my matches and preserve my ratings....don't you think so?

Can you please check this out?

Thanks

• 5 years ago · Quote · #15

tomjoad

Live Chess 2.0 is pretty weak. Loads of bugs, loads of usability issues. Live Chess 1.0 was much better, imo.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #16

_Chess_Boy_

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #17

hartofgold

It looks like usage has more than doubled since the last big fix.  I can see why they have new problems to deal with.   Still flawed, but better than last year.   I am confident it will keep on getting better. 

• 4 years ago · Quote · #18

hartofgold

Last week, suddenly a lot of mid-game disconnects and have lost a lot of points. 

Seems like chess.com can stop the clock on a disconnect.  There ought to be a way to determine whether a player has signed off, lost his/her connection to the net or has been disconnected by the chess.com server.   

Post your reply: