Forums

Percentile

Sort:
Skand

I wonder why live chess rating cannot be seen in percentile as well, like it can be seen for online chess.

NRTG

This is something i have been wondering. its always nice to know where you are so to speak. i am not claiming to be top 10% or anything but i would like to know where i am.

Skand

Exactly...

Zen

It is available on your full stats page. I don't know why one's online chess percentile is shown even outside that page and the live ones aren't, though.

Phillyj42

Is that the same as Live Standard Chess Stats?  I still don't have any rankings or percentiles on that page. I must be missing something.

Patrick_S

As much activity happens in the live area, especially in bullet, I'm guessing a person's comparative ranking or percentile could change so quickly since it is based on comparisons. In a split second, there could be many games finishing, making it difficult for even a very fast computer to give an accurate percentile ranking or true # ranking.  That's just my guess.  If that's the case, I'm guessing an estimated percentile or true rank could be determined at a certain time of day and not take a super computer to process it.

Phillyj42

That makes sense. I can see the overall distribution by looking at 'view players' in Live Chess. Not sure how often that is updated or how much it moves (very little I'd think) but it gives one an idea of how they compare.

Zen
Phillyj42 wrote:

Is that the same as Live Standard Chess Stats?  I still don't have any rankings or percentiles on that page. I must be missing something.

That's actually true, neither your stat page or mine shows a percentile (or rank) for standard live. Then again if you look at my stats page, you should see that I do have a percentile (and rank) for both live blitz and bullet. So I don't know why standard doesn't have it similarly. My first guess was that it's due to inactivity (on my part), but clearly that can't be the case for you.

ManuelGC

Skand wrote:

I wonder why live chess rating cannot be seen in percentile as well, like it can be seen for online chess.

I CAN SEE IN MY STATS (blitz10min)