Forums

What does mean, when a player refuse to rematch ?

Sort:
x-6286134813

Was just wondering this.. I'm very competitive so I love rematches but it also irritated me that most players don't accept rematches. If you want a rematch because you lost well that's completely your fault and you have to own up to it.

30YearOldNewbie

If you are playing chess online, generally you have time for at least another go around. From my encounters, people refuse rematches because it gives them a sense of power. Sure the person requesting the rematch may have some type of ill placed vendetta to seek revenge after losing, but this isnt wrong to want to replay a game.

I think if you have the time you should always accept a rematch. it shows good sportsmanship, most chess tournaments in the GM level and below are strings of games not only one. Don't be an a** hat and accept the rematch

ATV-STEVE
KT_17 wrote:

I am a boy

but my ma won't admit it

DreamscapeHorizons

It means they don't want a rematch.   

I hope that helps.

Optimissed
Sa_Daneshvar wrote:

I just want to get your point of view about this situation.

What does mean, when a player refuses to rematch on rated game ?

I ask this question because 97% of players on chess.com refuse to rematch.

So what does at mean ?

It means they don't want to rematch.

If I didn't enjoy the game or there was something about you that I didn't like, then I wouldn't rematch. Same if I wanted to look at the game I just played or wanted to finish playing. I also wouldn't rematch if I'm chasing points at the time.

cloud_town

maybe they had to leave?

i know that whenever i start a game, a couple seconds later i have something very important to do

either that or they were very frustrated with the game. maybe it was a close one, and you won with ridiculous luck.

skystalker1

OP was 8 years ago