Yeah, maybe after white plays 1. Kh2?

mikex22

no, the puzzle's biased lol

h777
kawazaki wrote:

COULD THE BLACK WIN THIS ONE...???

It suppose to be COULD BLACK WIN THE GAME...??? Nice puzzleSmile

bondiggity

7...b3, just gives up the pawn. 7...c5+ 8. Kd3 c4+ 9. Kc(d)2 d4; black should win.

12. e5 would be the easy way to win it, king can't beat two unconnected passed pawns unless he can win one from the start. 

12. Kc4, still wins, but you need to do more calculating to make sure that the king + pawn vs king endgame is won. 

13. Kd4?, Kc5 wins the position. 

13...c5+?; gives white the win back. The simple Kxg5 allows black to draw. The c-pawn will distract the white king and will end up trading down to king vs king end.

16. e5?, Kd6 keeps the king in front of the pawn, e5 forces white's pawn to go first, you want the king in front.

17...Kd8?.  Ke8 allows black to keep the opposition and hold the draw.

I really hope you didn't make this "puzzle" yourself.

kawazaki
bondiggity wrote:

Um, wow. I just looked through the whole "solution" and seriously I cried at how many obvious errors there were. Was either player actually playing for the win? Do you seriously not know King and Pawn vs King endgames and are rated 1917?

7...b3??, just gives up the pawn. 7...c5+ 8. Kd3 c4+ 9. Kc(d)2 d4; black should win.

12. e5 would be the easy way to win it, king can't beat two unconnected passed pawns unless he can win one from the start. 

12. Kc4, still wins, but you need to do more calculating to make sure that the king + pawn vs king endgame is won. 

13. Kd4???, Kc5 wins the position. 

13...c5+???; gives white the win back. The simple Kxg5 allows black to draw. The c-pawn will distract the white king and will end up trading down to king vs king end.

16. e5???, Kd6 keeps the king in front of the pawn, e5 forces white's pawn to go first, you want the king in front.

17...Kd8??????? Really. Ke8 allows black to keep the opposition.

I really hope you didn't make this "puzzle" yourself.

MY SON THANKS YOU A LOT...DUE TO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME POSTING A PUZZLE HERE ( 8 YEARS OLD ) "" HE DO IT BY HIMSELF & WAS TRYING TO SOLVE ITLaughing"" & NOW HE'S READING ALL THE COMMENTS FROM THE GREAT PLAYERS LIKE YOUCool

HE INSISTED TO ASKING YOU " PLZ...DON'T CRY & HE APOLOGIES TO YOU "Embarassed & HE PROMISED TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE BETTER THAN THISSmile

Tiger-13

lol, black got EPICALLY PWNED!!!

wilson_wilson

cool puzzle