World #5 GM Hikaru Nakamura and Rybka take on Stockfish! Live on Chess/TV and Open to ALL MEMBERS! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Daily Puzzle Submissions! *Be Involved*

• 7 years ago · Quote · #1

Patzer24

Hello Chess.com members! Would you like to be involved in the "Daily Puzzle"? Well here is your chance!

We are now accepting submissions for the daily puzzle. All you have to do is message user DailyPuzzle with the puzzle position in FEN format along with the solution and the level of difficulty (easy, medium, hard).

Could you be the one to confuse the Chess.com members with the ULTIMATE puzzle?  Cool

• 7 years ago · Quote · #2

Daemon_Panda

dun dun dunnnn...
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #3

TonightOnly

So how do you create an FEN version of a puzzle?
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #4

erik

you can also submit in PGN format :)
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #5

miyagi

White mates in 2 moves

• 7 years ago · Quote · #6

pawnshover

A couple of usual rules for chess puzzles I've usually found are that you must specify if en passant is possible and you must specify if castling is possible. FEN notation takes care of this with the fileds following the position.

1. White's always on the bottom. Pieces use the initials from algebraic notation. (P=pawn, N=Knight, B=Bishop, R=Rook, Q=Queen, and K=King. The White pieces are capitalized and the Black pieces use little letters. Ranks are separated using /. They always list the piees starting in the upper left and going across each rank then down to the next rank. Numbers denote how many empty squares ina row.
    2. Whose move? Use "w" for White and "b" for Black.
    3. If either side can castle then KQkq is used to denote who and where. Remeber Capitals mean White pieces. K is for Kingside and Q is for Queenside.
    4. Any en passant target squares are given in algebraic notation.
    5. Number of plys for the fifty move rule.
    6. Move number.

For example this is the FEN of the starting position... (the "-" denotes no en passant.)

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1

• 7 years ago · Quote · #7

shalapko

i fond it

yesCool

• 7 years ago · Quote · #8

saikeshav

i found it.it is a tuf one
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #9

CheckThis1

mate in 2
    the difficuty is easy......
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #10

Sprite

Chesscrazy127, that's a good example of a smothered mate, but isn't checkmate as white can play 2.Kxa2 and avoid the mate.
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #11

oginschile

True, Nxa2 isn't forced, but 2. Kxa2 is mated by 2... Ra7#. Since the puzzler doesn't 'make' white's move... you simply have to respond to the move made.

The smothered mate isn't forced, but it is a forced mate in 2.

• 7 years ago · Quote · #12

xalways

Not my originality but i would like to share it with you all. An easy puzzle mate in 3.
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #13

Miles_Deus

nice one!
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #14

rexbo

yeah that one was cool!
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #15

vitali_10

An easy puzzle, mate in 3. I wanted to show winning of a side with considerably less material.

• 7 years ago · Quote · #16

xalways

cool !! but it is obvious that the first move is a check thereby eliminating right away other variations.
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #17

Spike_Mason

I've got a recent one that I'm proud of. It's pretty easy, I think. Mate in 4:

• 7 years ago · Quote · #18

forkman

Here's a puzzle I made up. 

• 7 years ago · Quote · #19

chessnoob1997

A puzzle with a few mistakes (how do u correct mistakes in the chess wizard??)
  • 7 years ago · Quote · #20

apple127

hold on forkman, isn't the first move knight d6 mate?

Post your reply: