Forums

Daily Puzzle Submissions! *Be Involved*

Sort:
Patzer24

Hello Chess.com members! Would you like to be involved in the "Daily Puzzle"? Well here is your chance!

We are now accepting submissions for the daily puzzle. All you have to do is message user DailyPuzzle with the puzzle position in FEN format along with the solution and the level of difficulty (easy, medium, hard).

Could you be the one to confuse the Chess.com members with the ULTIMATE puzzle?  Cool

Daemon_Panda
dun dun dunnnn...
TonightOnly
So how do you create an FEN version of a puzzle?
erik
you can also submit in PGN format :)
miyagi
White mates in 2 moves

pawnshover

A couple of usual rules for chess puzzles I've usually found are that you must specify if en passant is possible and you must specify if castling is possible. FEN notation takes care of this with the fileds following the position.

1. White's always on the bottom. Pieces use the initials from algebraic notation. (P=pawn, N=Knight, B=Bishop, R=Rook, Q=Queen, and K=King. The White pieces are capitalized and the Black pieces use little letters. Ranks are separated using /. They always list the piees starting in the upper left and going across each rank then down to the next rank. Numbers denote how many empty squares ina row.
  2. Whose move? Use "w" for White and "b" for Black.
  3. If either side can castle then KQkq is used to denote who and where. Remeber Capitals mean White pieces. K is for Kingside and Q is for Queenside.
  4. Any en passant target squares are given in algebraic notation.
  5. Number of plys for the fifty move rule.
  6. Move number.

For example this is the FEN of the starting position... (the "-" denotes no en passant.)

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1

shalapko

i fond it

yesCool

saikeshav
i found it.it is a tuf one
Sprite
Chesscrazy127, that's a good example of a smothered mate, but isn't checkmate as white can play 2.Kxa2 and avoid the mate.
oginschile

True, Nxa2 isn't forced, but 2. Kxa2 is mated by 2... Ra7#. Since the puzzler doesn't 'make' white's move... you simply have to respond to the move made.

The smothered mate isn't forced, but it is a forced mate in 2.

xalways
Not my originality but i would like to share it with you all. An easy puzzle mate in 3.
AnnoR88
nice one!
lkjqwerrrreeedd
yeah that one was cool!
xalways
cool !! but it is obvious that the first move is a check thereby eliminating right away other variations.
Spike_Mason

I've got a recent one that I'm proud of. It's pretty easy, I think. Mate in 4:

forkman
Here's a puzzle I made up. 

chessnoob1997
A puzzle with a few mistakes (how do u correct mistakes in the chess wizard??)
apple127
hold on forkman, isn't the first move knight d6 mate?
Texanz
apple127 wrote: hold on forkman, isn't the first move knight d6 mate?

thats what i get, its mate in 1. Nd6

Ricardo1452
think the same
This forum topic has been locked