Forums

Sort:
RookSacrifice_OLD

RookSacrifice_OLD

Sorry i meant easy puzzle not eazy puzzle.

fianchetto123

What are you talking about? This is not a puzzle, it is a position in which White is completely lost...he will be losing a queen for bishop after the forced move Qc1.

There is no win for White. Nice try.

BigDoggProblem
fianchetto123 wrote:

What are you talking about? This is not a puzzle, it is a position in which White is completely lost...he will be losing a queen for bishop after the forced move Qc1.

Really? I don't know if white has a win or not, but can you see nothing better than Qc1? Hint: OP's handle.

fianchetto123

There is no win for White. I am around 1800 FIDE and I'm pretty much sure of it. 

And the only thing I see to do other than Qc1 is to resign, which is what I would do most likely. Hopefully I wouldn't have gotten myself into such a screwy position in the first place. 

justCane

I'm seeing Kh8 0-1. That's all I see. Heck you could even take the first offer, play Kh8 at the second gift and still have it be 0-1.

BigDoggProblem
fianchetto123 wrote:

There is no win for White. I am around 1800 FIDE and I'm pretty much sure of it. 

And the only thing I see to do other than Qc1 is to resign, which is what I would do most likely. Hopefully I wouldn't have gotten myself into such a screwy position in the first place. 

Ahh, you are right.

fianchetto123

Cool

I'm trying to think of a way to make this puzzle work. Obviously RookSacrifice's intention was Rxg6 fxg6 Rxg6 hxg6 Qxg6 and mate, but he failed to see Kh8 on either the first or second move. Actually throwing a black rook in the corner would eliminate the difficulty, but the position wouldn't be very realistic and it would be extremely obvious.

fianchetto123

Now making sure of the lines in the new problem, specifically after Rxg6 fxg6 Rxg6 Kf7. There has to be a mate I'm just making sure. Qa7 looks very strong.

fianchetto123
fianchetto123 wrote:

Now making sure of the lines in the new problem, specifically after Rxg6 fxg6 Rxg6 Kf7. There has to be a mate I'm just making sure. Qa7 looks very strong.

Never mind actually, there is just rook block.

Now I'm not sure if there's a mate. That might be a loophole.

BigDoggProblem
fianchetto123 wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:

I had looked at 1.Rxg6+ fxg6 2.Rxg6+ Kf7 3.Qf2+ and 4.Qa7+, but nothing conclusive. Maybe white has a perpetual in there somewhere?!

invincible_knight
chess_cake

1. Rxg6+ fxg6        

2. Rxg6+ kh8. It will stop white piece attacks. Now, white piece must answer the question on mate in 1. Qb2#. The only answer is QC1 and the white piece is completely losing after the queen sacrifices.

fianchetto123
BigDoggProblem wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:

I had looked at 1.Rxg6+ fxg6 2.Rxg6+ Kf7 3.Qf2+ and 4.Qa7+, but nothing conclusive. Maybe white has a perpetual in there somewhere?!

There is no perpetual. I analyzed it over and over and Black can always run away.

So the new problem doesnt work either. 

RookSacrifice_OLD
fianchetto123 wrote:

There is a draw(!):

perpetual to follow

Edited after post # 16 (thanks snar)

Snar
RookSacrifice wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:

There is a win(!):

why not 5...Rxf5?

BigDoggProblem
RookSacrifice wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:

There is a draw(!):

perpetual to follow

Edited after post # 16 (thanks snar)

1...Kh8