Forums

List of best puzzles

Sort:
JRadis

Hi, could you all post links of the best chess pzzles you know to have been posted here (chess.com) or any other site, please?

I thought I should show some good puzzles to players in my club on next time we have training.

emiab

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/anderssen-mate-in-3----very-tough?lc=1#last_comment

David_Spencer

These are two of the greatest puzzles I've ever seen. In both situaions, White to play and win.

David_Spencer

For some reason one didn't show up.

elijah_rehill

the second one doesnt make sense. why would black give up his queen like that? i liked the first one though

David_Spencer

He's hoping you will think it's still stalemate. There's no other hope, you are going to get checkmated in 1 with Kd7 or Ke7 otherwise.

JRadis

Nice puzzles, thanks...

JCRchess

take a look @  http://www.wtharvey.com

Tiger-13

in the first puzzle, sirdavid, can't the white queen just take the black bishop, and zap, checkmated black #?

Tiger-13

2nd one doesn't make sense, black queen could've taken white queen and be in a winning position

shane97

cool puzzle

Tiger-13

ok, i finally understood the first one, it was a very elegant finish, tq

hanngo

mate in 16

David_Spencer

When could the white queen have been taken in the second puzzle?

Manchero

is this a riddle?

JRadis

Nice puzzle Lycan, To hard for me though...

nitsujfortwo

For puzzle one white could have checkmated with Qxb8#, but the other way was more beautiful. In puzzle two, black wanted white to take the queen to make stalemate, and if the queen did the discovered check, the black queen would take. But white's manoeuvre prevented the draw.

chaotic_iak

@nitsujfortwo: In the first puzzle, White is in check.

H2nry46

Howdy there maty

Arisktotle

It's like asking everyone in the world yo expose their best paintings in your attic. First of all people have different tastes. Second there are literally tens of thousands of puzzles on the level posted here which you never know existed. Third, there are scores of chess.com members posting the same request because they all believe their private attic is very special. 

There is a large community of puzzle fans organized in the WFCC. All good puzzles you have ever seen and will ever see, come from them. Their puzzles - the best chess puzzles in the universe - are published in magazines and on the internet and stored in massive databases. Some are public for others you pay subscription fees.

Chess.com is a rather boring place for puzzles since everyone is reposting the same 25 all the time - like those here. Not the worst ones though happy