Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Mate in 6

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

Eris_Discordia

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

senor_ananas

Well, there are two different mating moves on the 6th move (Qh2, Rh2) and I think mate in six can be reached also by other moves that are in the solution. Or if you want to be precise, White can prolong the game by for example 4.Bf4.

This is really not a good puzzle, because the starting position is with obvious material advantage and even bigger positional advantage. Usually the idea of the puzzle is to exploit some weakness(es) which should be hard to find.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

Velocity

senor_ananas wrote:

Or if you want to be precise, White can prolong the game by for example 4.Bf4.

This is really not a good puzzle, because the starting position is with obvious material advantage and even bigger positional advantage. Usually the idea of the puzzle is to exploit some weakness(es) which should be hard to find.

That's the biggest problem I have: the puzzle isn't really a mate in 6. This assumes that the moves on the other side are somehow forced.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

TempterMan

senor_ananas wrote:

Well, there are two different mating moves on the 6th move (Qh2, Rh2) and I think mate in six can be reached also by other moves that are in the solution. Or if you want to be precise, White can prolong the game by for example 4.Bf4.

Rh2 isn't mate because the white King can escape to f1 square!

Post your reply: