Forums

The most difficult 2-mover problem I've ever seen!

Sort:
Scottrf

Wow. Got it. I'll just type out the solutions.

Scottrf
[COMMENT DELETED]
swarf

Horse on c8 takes e7 check then Rook to c6 mate I think. looked at it for 8mins.

Scottrf
Asorski

CONGRATULATIONS Scottrf, your'e the second person to solve. The first one is GM-Hiceberg (See post No. 46) . You too will also receive a trophy!

Here is the Diagram with complete solution:

Asorski
swarf wrote:

Horse on c8 takes e7 check then Rook to c6 mate I think. looked at it for 8mins.

Sorry swarf but 1. Re1!! waiting, is the correct answer.

Thanks for solving.Cool

Scottrf

Ah, I saw his Re1 post, but it didn't register because he didn't post a continuation and I hadn't got rid of the other piece movements by process of elimination. Actually found it independently.

What an amazing puzzle. Impossible to believe that all of black's replies leave a mate in 1.

swarf

Sorry, I am wrong ,perhaps a little more time is needed for this one but I'm off for a beer, maybe next time I'll get it right.x

rabusmar

What about 1. Qxf3 ... 2. Rd4#?

Scottrf
rabusmar wrote:

What about 1. Qxf3 ... 2. Rd4#?

2 is bxc4, no mate.

Asorski

Who said this problem is busted?

Now you see. Finding the shocking 1. Re1!! waiting move, is very difficult to comprehend! It's out of this world! This is the most amazing problem/key move I've ever seen. I hope you like it. I wonder Who compose this thing!Undecided

Thank you all for visiting this thread: KeyserSzoze, AP_Borodin, wafflemaster, rstoledo, renalboy, Martino, Geticus, Cnacnel, TasmanianTiger, PortlandPatzer, DM_CaptainObvious, DalaiLuke, Jadeite, Fiction969, DrB127, JG27Pyth, levi223, loganchan-cellor, Qweeni2, Swarf, rabusmar.

Again congratulations to the solver GM-Hiceberg and Scottrf!

Well done! Great job!

Watchout for my next difficult puzzle soon!

Goodnight.Smile

--Asorski--Cool

Asorski
Scottrf wrote:

Ah, I saw his Re1 post, but it didn't register because he didn't post a continuation and I hadn't got rid of the other piece movements by process of elimination. Actually found it independently.

What an amazing puzzle. Impossible to believe that all of black's replies leave a mate in 1.

Yah, really amazing!

I can sleep soundly now.Cool

eddysallin

qxp,nxq ,nxn mate ?

Scottrf
eddysallin wrote:

qxp,nxq ,nxn mate ?

The solution has been found.

NxQ isn't forced.

smithydaniel2214

Rcd4 forcing king to C file Qc2 to finish. maybe. possibly.

C-nack
smithydaniel2214 wrote:

Rcd4 forcing king to C file Qc2 to finish. maybe. possibly.

Bxc2 after Qc2. Look page before, the puzzle has been solved.

Zorgon

1.Nxe7+ Nxe7 2.Nxf4++

C-nack
Zorgon wrote:

1.Nxe7+ Nxe7 2.Nxf4++

Bxe7 instead of Nxe7 and it's not mate in 2 (not even in 3).

Villyer

Qxf4 was very promising, but it leaves one saving move.

TDMan

solution with rook back to e1 fails.

black's response could easily be PxR ..

correct unstoppable solution is Qxf3, then Re5..  (d1 to f3, then e4 to e5)