Forums

The most difficult 2-mover problem I've ever seen!

Sort:
Asorski
DalaiLuke wrote:

So then 126 is it?  Solved??!!! 

LOL ... I had replied that this couldn't work, as I had the Rf5, blocking the d4 from Bh8 defense!  

EXCELLENT :)

Yes. Scottrf got it! Please see post no. 89.

Adriandmen

Well Asorski. I think this is your highlight of all problems!! Cool. Good Job. Keep the mindcrackers coming.

DalaiLuke
superishi wrote:

1.Qxd2  and whatever black does 2.Nb4#. I solved it in two minutes!! It's so simple everybody can do it! Just think about the obvious moves.

NOPE, pawn takes rook on C file ... we've been thinking about the obvious moves for 8 pages now! :)

Personally relieved to see the answer and know how close I was ... thanks Asorski!

WSAEME

Looking forward to more puzzles like this, Asorski. Please keep them coming.

waffllemaster
TDMan wrote:

I fail to see how Re1 was a mate ...  must assume you were just trying to brush off the problem and move on.

You do mean E4 to E1 right?

My first attempt at sol'n, "Qxf3 then E4 to E5" fails because Kxc4. 

I just found a fatal flaw in my attempt in post 133 also.. Kc6 then Bc5.  That turns it into a 3 move mate.

If you took the time to read the post (#89 on page 5) you'd get to see that the really cool counter-intuitive move Re1 is the solution.

Asorski
DalaiLuke wrote:
superishi wrote:

1.Qxd2  and whatever black does 2.Nb4#. I solved it in two minutes!! It's so simple everybody can do it! Just think about the obvious moves.

NOPE, pawn takes rook on C file ... we've been thinking about the obvious moves for 8 pages now! :)

Personally relieved to see the answer and know how close I was ... thanks Asorski!

Very well said DalaiLuke, everybody's thinking of the obvious move!

BigDoggProblem
Asorski wrote:

GM_Hiceberg, did you really used an engine?

Oh, but there's no way he could have used an engine when we have all those extra pieces on the board, right? Wink

Asorski
WSAEME wrote:

Looking forward to more puzzles like this, Asorski. Please keep them coming.

For sure, I will make another one. Will post it soon. Just stay tuned.Cool

francis_ladu
[COMMENT DELETED]
Hiceberg

[COMMENT DELETE}

OK,what am i supposed to say?That i didn't use a magic engine?

DalaiLuke

there should be a trash bin where curiosity seekers could go to see all the deleted comments!  :P

Asorski
GM_Hiceberg wrote:

[COMMENT DELETE}

OK,what am i supposed to say?That i didn't use a magic engine?

Say it.

We need your explanation.

Asorski
BigDoggProblem wrote:
Asorski wrote:

GM_Hiceberg, did you really used an engine?

Oh, but there's no way he could have used an engine when we have all those extra pieces on the board, right?

Most engines never accept more than the usual pieces but some engines do!

Adriandmen a problem composer himself later admitted that he checked the puzzle with Apwin a solving engine, and it found the mate in 2! Not only that, Apwin confirmed the key move. That no mate is possible except with that amazing 1. Re1 move!!

Asorski
DalaiLuke wrote:

there should be a trash bin where curiosity seekers could go to see all the deleted comments!  :P

No need. The host must continously checked the comment and quote it instantly and post it together with his reply.

Look at post No. 82 by Qweeni2 of France, I quoted her (#85) saying the position has no mate in 2. She deleted her comment when Scottrf published the solution! 

Asorski
Adriandmen wrote:

Well Asorski. I think this is your highlight of all problems!! . Good Job. Keep the mindcrackers coming.

Adriandmen, I'm so happy about the turn-out of this forum!

In a span of 2 days more than 160 comments were posted and close to 50 people shared their thoughts. Even though the puzzle was through, visitors continue to post their solution thinking it's so easy but failed.

Many are amazed by this puzzle (including me) and my mind is flooded with more requests. I should start making another MindCracker immediately!Cool

Lincolm

Well, this "MindCracker" really blow off my mind. 

Asorski
Lincolm wrote:

Well, this "MindCracker" really blow off my mind. 

Really? Even me, the maker of that cracker still shocked by that amazing puzzle! Again, hail to the great D.T. Brock who made the original version.

DalaiLuke

I don't understand why the Rook MUST move to e1 ... what is wrong with e2 or e3?

Scottrf
DalaiLuke wrote:

I don't understand why the Rook MUST move to e1 ... what is wrong with e2 or e3?

When the pawn captures there's no double check.

Asorski
DalaiLuke wrote:

This fantastic chess puzzle continues to shocked people...Lincolm and I admitted that it's simply amazing. It blows people's mind!

1. Re2? fxe2!

1. Re3? fxe3!