nobody likes to be manipulated 

Sherlock__Holmes

Sherlock__Holmes

Sherlock__Holmes

shoopi

For post #469, it looks like 1. Nc6 is the first move, but I still wasn't able to figure it out. Maybe I will have more time to analyse it later, but it is complicated indeed Smile

Sherlock__Holmes
Sherlock__Holmes

Asorski

Happy new year!!Cool

yinafu
[COMMENT DELETED]
Sherlock__Holmes

I am closing my account by myself . I thought in this site it could not happen , but it is a fact - i was trolled and manipulated .

nswwsn

Sorry to hear.

wonderinguy

I need help about the position :

Here black won , but i am not sure whites played the best of their moves. I need some more opinions if the position is really won for black or not.

( Holmes and me are friends ,and i have his permission to post in his hungry territory )

wonderinguy

Unbalanced chess positions and chess games - not easy to                        .                               estimate

The position #479 is from a correspondence game ( ICCF)  - official rules - 3 days per move . I played it about 10 years ago in a team championship.

I will try to comment most interesting moments of the game.

Here white has large choice of moves 5.d4 , 5.d3 , 5.Bb5 ...

The move they chose - 5.Na4 is not the best, i think .It's purpose is to prevent 5...Bg4 , after which follows 6.d3 and black knight has not proper place to go.

After 3 days thinking, i decided to play 5...Bg4 in spite of all.

( Holmes and me are friends ,and i have his permission to post in his hungry territory )

wonderinguy

Instead of taking the black knight, white has a few other possibilities. It is curious that such a normal move like 7.Be2 appears a mistake and gives black an advantage :

nswwsn

Taking the black knight was a mistake?

wonderinguy
nswwsn wrote:

Taking the black knight was a mistake?

I think , no, not a mistake , just for clearing the whole picture want to watch what the other possible moves can bring.

nswwsn

Oh ok.

How did you evaluate the position before deciding to do the exchange sacrifce?

wonderinguy

I have an old version  "Junior " and it helps me to analyse.Interesting what could show a more new chess program.

Full of tension is the line after 7.c3 :

( obviously, once sacrificed on e4 , the knight has no more fear for his life and continue to sacrifice itself on " f2 " ;)

Black has only 2 pawns for the knight, which normally is not sufficient compensation , but here white has problems with their king , and it is dominant factor.

But position is still far not clear.

wonderinguy

White can play 9.Be2 instead of 9.d4 :

Which side is better here ? I don't know.But i am curious about the position and am ready to play it as black.