Forums

When I am hungry

Sort:
Sherlock__Holmes

Here is the solution for #386 

Caiello's line was correct , but the first move is not Ba1 :)

nswwsn

That is insane

Sherlock__Holmes

Yes, wherever black queen goes on the 6 th  move, there is discovered check.

Sherlock__Holmes

White to play and win

shoopi

That's a cute problem. I Believe I've got it.

Edit: lol! I thought you posted it in diagram mode, didn't see it was a puzzle Embarassed
shoopi

So, here is a fantastic and rather complicated position, derived from one of my games (and altered a bit).

The first few moves are unique, though at the end there could be several moves that are winning.

Sherlock__Holmes

shoopi ,thanks for your post :)

And now - can some magic help improving chess skills ?

Lucid dreaming is the ability to recognize that you are dreaming while you are having a dream.

During a lucid dream, the dreamer remains aware of what is happening in the waking world while experiencing a vivid dream world at the same time.  Lucid dreamers think clearly and are able to control their actions while in their dream.

Many lucid dreamers are able to control everything that happens in a lucid dream. They can give themselves special powers, direct the actions of other characters in the dream or change the dream scenery. They may even be able to plan a dream before they have it.

Some people are natural lucid dreamers.  Recently, the ability to dream lucidly has become desirable, and people who have never had lucid dreams before are attempting to learn how to have lucid dreams.

Read more on : Lucid Dreaming - meaningofdreams.org

shoopi

Just to clarify, my last position was white to play and win.

I can give hints or the solution if you would like.

Sherlock__Holmes

Yes, i thought about 1.Qh6 but am not sure - is this the first move ?

Sherlock__Holmes

Hi,Sports_Girl ,nice page and...logo (up-left) - is it true ? :)

Sherlock__Holmes
shoopi wrote:

So, here is a fantastic and rather complicated position, derived from one of my games (and altered a bit).

The first few moves are unique, though at the end there could be several moves that are winning.

shoopi's puzzle is not solved yet 

White to play and win

Sherlock__Holmes
Sherlock__Holmes wrote:

shoopi ,thanks for your post :)

And now - can some magic help improving chess skills ?

Lucid dreaming is the ability to recognize that you are dreaming while you are having a dream.

During a lucid dream, the dreamer remains aware of what is happening in the waking world while experiencing a vivid dream world at the same time.  Lucid dreamers think clearly and are able to control their actions while in their dream.

Many lucid dreamers are able to control everything that happens in a lucid dream. They can give themselves special powers, direct the actions of other characters in the dream or change the dream scenery. They may even be able to plan a dream before they have it.

Some people are natural lucid dreamers.  Recently, the ability to dream lucidly has become desirable, and people who have never had lucid dreams before are attempting to learn how to have lucid dreams.

Read more on : Lucid Dreaming - meaningofdreams.org

shoopi

1. Qh6 is the right tactical idea, and you get points for seeing it. However, at the moment it doesn't work, since black can just capture the queen 1... Bxh6 and after 2. Rxh7+ Kg8 3. Rg1+ black can just block with 3... Bg7 as the queen also defends the bishop.

So, white must first build up the pressure with 1. Rg1, and black will most likely defend with 1... Rg8. Now, how to proceed?

Sherlock__Holmes

After 1.Rg1 Rg8 isn't it time for 2.Qh6 ?

shoopi

Yes but what does black reply? his move is forced.

Sherlock__Holmes

Black are obliged to play 2...Qxd3  and after that i think white will move one of the rooks ...

Caiello

how does white beat Qf5?

shoopi

Yes. Here, I'll post the entire thing:

There are other variations of course after the thrust, 4. c5!

Sherlock__Holmes

Real Magic !  I knew pawn ' c ' must go ahead but tangled in the complications after that !

Sherlock__Holmes

White to play and win