White to play and gain a winning advantage

Sort:
DrSpudnik

...and there it is.

Yereslov
DrSpudnik wrote:

...and there it is.

And there is what?

Show me an alternate move, besides Rg8 which I already refuted.

Yereslov
crtexxx wrote:
Yereslov wrote:
thecheesykid wrote:

Oh wow. This guy's having a go at pfren now?! Yereslov; stop!, you're out of your depth.

As to the puzzle, the "Solution" didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense considering there were multiple moves that could have been played to gain an advantage.

Yereslov, maybe you should focus on taking people's advice rather than just insulting them, listen to people and you'll find they've given you something, if nothing more than just something to chew on.

Really? There were multiple moves? 

I already checked them out, hence why the options are limited.

Here, give me a variation. I will give you the refutation.

At least he's not arguing about being better than a master anymore.

OK, now that this is a serious challenge (I will give you the refutation) I will ask you to do just that.

In your post #8, you stopped a line in the middle of a forcing variation (A check even!): in calculation, we never do that if we can avoid it.

I don't see a win at all for white after 35.Rxh7+. I certainly wouldn't resign against any level of player in this position.

So please continue this variation. Let's say black plays not 35...Kc8? Now keep going. How is this winning at all for white?

Here's the catch. I want to know exactly how you find each move in the variation in plain english, and I want to know exactly why white is better and by approximately how much. I want you to do what you said you would: "I will give you the refutation".-Yaro, not Houdini (cause he can't talk). No numbers and each move needs to be explained unless it's blatantly obvious or forced or something from the perspective of a 1200, player, not a 3000+ machine.

This is a totally serious request, because in all honesty I see (maybe you see different) that white is better for a reason (you tell me yours though) but I would keep playing on. I'm a resign mongrel, so that's saying something.

So you want flawed analysis as a refutation?

That sounds extremely silly, since you will reply with another flawed human-made refutation and the cycle will continue.

I distrust the engine often, but when it gives white 1.30+ in a position it's not likely to be a draw

DrSpudnik
Yereslov wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

...and there it is.

And there is what?

And there is the long-awaited post where the world's greatest troll calls everyone else a troll. I thought someone of your vast cerebral capacity would just pick up on what I meant. I thought wrong.

Yereslov
DrSpudnik wrote:
Yereslov wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

...and there it is.

And there is what?

And there is the long-awaited post where the world's greatest troll calls everyone else a troll. I thought someone of your vast cerebral capacity would just pick up on what I meant. I thought wrong.

Houdini easily found the win in all lines besides this one.

DrSpudnik

That's special.

Yereslov
DrSpudnik wrote:

That's special.

Well, of course, considering humans suck at chess.

DrSpudnik

some more than others Cool

heine-borel

All right, I am not going to insult you, although it is more than deserved and only too easy.

Just do the challenge that I sent you! Quit stalling lol...

And here's the REALLY funny part: According to you, after the moves 1.e4 e5 the game is a "draw", since H's evaluation is a "draw" range. This is completely ridiculous, but it is by your logic that whatever houdini says goes, since "humans suck at chess".

1.e4 e5...

Yer: I offer a draw...

Black: no!!

Yer: You must be a really bad player. Houdini says that I have the advantage: +(insert whatever H's evaluation is)

...rofl!

Yereslov
crtexxx wrote:

All right, I am not going to insult you, although it is more than deserved and only too easy.

And here's the REALLY funny part: According to you, after the moves 1.e4 e5 the game is a "draw", since H's evaluation is a "draw" range. This is completely ridiculous, but it is by your logic that whatever houdini says goes, since "humans suck at chess".

1.e4 e5...

Yer: You must be a really bad player. Houdini says that I have the advantage: +(insert whatever H's evaluation is)

...rofl!

Are you that dense?

1. e4 e5 does not give either side a huge advantage.

There is no first-move opening that gives either player a huge advantage.

On the other hand, being a pawn up is an almost guaranteed win.

chessgdt
Yereslov wrote:

Savage, just because you lost the argument doesn't meant that you have the right to troll my thread.

Houdini gives white 1.30+. "You should get a better engine then." -Yereslov

How can you seriously argue against that?

heine-borel
Yereslov wrote:
crtexxx wrote:

1.e4 e5...

...rofl!

Are you that dense?

1. e4 e5 does not give either side a huge advantage.

There is no first-move opening that gives either player a huge advantage.

On the other hand, being a pawn up is an almost guaranteed win.

exactly! With your logic, since there is no advantage at the start of the game by Houdini: THE GAME MUST BE A DRAW!!!

So why not draw on move 1 lol!

BTW, I said advantage, not huge advantage.