Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Baseball Reminisces

• 3 years ago · Quote · #161

Cystem_Phailure

akintews wrote:

A run scored on the play, but scoring rules do not allow a ribbie for hitting into a DP

Well that bites.  That means the only things I got out of the bum on Sunday were 0 for 4 contributed to my fantasy team batting average and some minor amusement.  And the minor amusement had already worn off even before I read your post.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #162

Cystem_Phailure

I liked Rotoworld's summary of the re-activation of Nelson Cruz yesterday:

The Rangers activated Nelson Cruz, who's only 31, but has hamstrings aged 62 and 74.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #163

Cystem_Phailure

This is what I like to see-- this evening was Strasburg's 3rd game, and after 14 total innings pitched he has zero walks.  That's a lot nicer than the 11 strikeouts.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #164

ilikeflags

justin verlander.  dude, that guy.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #165

Cystem_Phailure

Yeah, I'd like to see Verlander on the Nats, for sure.  It's too bad he's over in the wimp league where the pitchers don't play the real game.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #166

bigpoison

I've seen Verlander swing the bat.  You ain't missin' much.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #167

ilikeflags

• 3 years ago · Quote · #168

bigpoison

Wow! what a wildcard race.  Both tied going into the last day of the season.  An epic collapse by the Red Sox, what more could you want?

Oh yeah, no second wild card.  Think about it, if this year were being played under next season's rules, these races would be almost meaningless.

And look who has blown by Adrian Gonzalez and Michael Young in the batting race:  Big Mike for President! 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #169

stats_man

bigpoison wrote:

Wow! what a wildcard race.  Both tied going into the last day of the season.  An epic collapse by the Red Sox, what more could you want?

Oh yeah, no second wild card.  Think about it, if this year were being played under next season's rules, these races would be almost meaningless.

And look who has blown by Adrian Gonzalez and Michael Young in the batting race:  Big Mike for President! 

It's only epic if they fail to secure the spot, otherwise they only made it "interesting."

With NYY up by 7 over TB it looks like it is the Red Sox to win.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #170

Cystem_Phailure

NYY 7 TB 7 in the bottom of the 11th right now.  Back to interesting!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #171

ilikeflags

yes, jose reyes is a bitch
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #172

stats_man

TB deserves to win it. I would rather just be disappointed tonight and get it over with, then to sneak into the playoffs and watch them embarrass the franchise.

At least STL is in, so they will probably be my horse.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #173

ilikeflags

go tigs
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #174

stats_man

Here is my list of preference for teams in playoffs to win world series:

1. St. Louis

2. Arizona

3. Detroit

4. Milwaukee

5. Philidelphia

6. Texas

7. Tampa Bay

8. New York

• 3 years ago · Quote · #175

bigpoison

stats_man wrote:
    bigpoison wrote:

It's only epic if they fail to secure the spot, otherwise they only made it "interesting."

With NYY up by 7 over TB it looks like it is the Red Sox to win.

Epic it is.  Wow!  Damned rain delay.

As a Tig's fan, it's kind of a bummer.  After they whip the tar out of the Yanks, I'd much rather see the Sox than the Rays.  Hopefully, the Rangers will whip 'em.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #176

bigpoison

My list:

1.  Tigers

Hoping for Tigers/Brewers in the Series.

Oh, and Phailure:  did you see your boy's last start?  10 ks, 1 hit.  Sure is lookin' promising.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #177

Cystem_Phailure

bigpoison wrote:

Oh, and Phailure:  did you see your boy's last start?  10 ks, 1 hit.  Sure is lookin' promising.

Yes, I liked that, and he finally got a Win, too, which as he's already learned is not easy to do with the Nats no matter how well someone pitches.

However, my favorite stat for him got tainted for the first time-- he threw two walks.  Still, during his 24 total innings pitched in 6 games he had 24 strikeouts and 2 walks, which isn't too bad for a K/BB ratio. Cool

• 3 years ago · Quote · #178

ilikeflags

so great.  i don't think anyone is more dissappointed than the tBS team.  homers?  yes.  well done tiggies.  poison is stoked.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #179

bigpoison

That 'poison is!!!!!!!1

Bought the bar three rounds.  Wow! that was expensive, but so worth it.

Tigs win!!!!!!!!!

Tigs win!!!!!!!

Really enjoyed Joe's omage to Sparky.  Cap'n Hook.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #180

stats_man

I am rooting for the Tigers vs. Rangers in ALCS

And....

STL over MIL/ARZ

or

MIL/ARZ over PHI

Post your reply: