Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Evolution ? !


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1

    Netsuj

    Is evolution still debatable?

    Just curious Wink

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

    ivandh

    You mean, can it be debated in a forum?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

    Netsuj

    In the forum arena and as a topic open to debate in general ?!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

    oinquarki

    Netsuj wrote:

    Is evolution still debatable?

    Just curious


    I can't imagine the motives for such a question.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #5

    1pawndown

    Maybe with a Neanderthal.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #6

    N2UHC

    Is it debatable how it happens?  Yes.

    Is it debatable that it happens?  No.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #7

    ivandh

    N2UHC wrote:

    Is it debatable how it happens?  Yes.

    Is it debatable that it happens?  No.


    On the internet, anything is debatable.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #8

    oinquarki

    ivandh wrote: On the internet, anything is debatable.

    On the contrary, nothing is debatable because we lack the necessary intelligence to present evidence in a logical, objective and organized way.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #9

    ivandh

    I disagree.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #10

    oinquarki

    ivandh wrote:

    I disagree.


    wl thats cuz ur dumlol!1 

    (Q.E.D.)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #11

    PhilipSaponaro

    In the scientific community there is no debate over it, but in the politcal environment there is, mostly because politicians want votes from everyone so they appease to both religious fundamentalists and others. 

     

    For example, here are a few links to peer reviewed papers on evolution of humans:

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0888754398953320

    http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v432/n7015/full/nature03052.html?free=2

    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0000216

    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031018201002541

     

    but there are literally thousands of peer reviewed papers with evidence and support, just go to google scholar or your closest university library and do a search for evolution of humans. Some of these get kinda techinical though, so a background in biology would be useful.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #12

    oinquarki

    PhilipSaponaro wrote:
    [COMMENT DELETED]

    What? Why?; That was a good post!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #13

    PhilipSaponaro

    @oinquarki, sorry I was updating the specific papers I was referencing and accidently hit delete instead of edit.

     

    Also, for most of those you can only see the abstract because you need to pay money to read the articles or get a subscription. The point is merely to show they exist, and if you go to a unversity, these papers can be gotten free through your library (usually, it is that way at mine)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #14

    PhilipSaponaro

    Oh, and one more point Id like to make.

    So no there is no debate over evolution (except for specific mechanisms in specific environments) in science communities, and ironically enough, there is no debate within Catholic Christians. The pope himself has declared evolution to be a-ok: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19956961/ns/world_news-europe/t/pope-creation-vs-evolution-clash-absurdity/

    The only controversy that exists is between misinformed politicians, who unfortunely have power, and specific religious fundamentalists groups.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #15

    oinquarki

    Seriously dude?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #16

    oinquarki

    Shahmata64 wrote:

    In fact the Power of LOVE makes us humans unique...!...only we humans have it!


    As a sloth, I find that very offensive.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #17

    PhilipSaponaro

    What does love have anything to do with evolution? (non sequitar)

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #18

    oinquarki

    PhilipSaponaro wrote:

    What does love have anything to do with evolution? (non sequitar)


    Laughing

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #19

    corrijean

    I don't think Shamata knows what evolution is. His timeline is way too short.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #20

    electricpawn

    Shahmata64 wrote:
    PhilipSaponaro wrote:

    What does love have anything to do with evolution? (non sequitar)


     ..."What does LOVE has to do with evolution?"...the person ask....??????

    Such are the comments of humans that scare me the very most!!!!!

    Such comments give me real great fear that mankind as a whole will never evolve.....tja....quite a depressive thought...scary thought(!!!)....tja....


    What's scary is that when you're asked about evolution you start spouting nonsense about love and transition into politics. Get a prescription for ADD and read a science book!


Back to Top

Post your reply: