Forums

Halloween!!

Sort:
joeyson

whos exited about it, if you even celebrate it??

LEAFYRIVERS
I love the way Christians stylize and change already existing holidays including Halloween, albeit Christians separate them selves from this holiday now. I love the scary flicks but the luster is gone in my town, since everything offends every body, so nothing is the norm now. (meaning no showing of holiday material on public grounds) Freaking Liberals suck the life out of life.
joeyson
srrsly
HyperLucid

Always liked it, myself as a youngin,my kids or simply handing out candy.

Yeeee Hee hee heee heeeeeeeeee 

HyperLucid
LEAFYRIVERS wrote:  I love the scary flicks but the luster is gone in my town

Always got a spook flick going as I hand out the treats!

As for the luster,,,I recall my parents back in the 70s looking through my candy for tainted stuff? Razor blades in apples,lsd,poison?  There really are spooky people out there sadly.....

marihikari
i love haloween!!! im cosplaying this year as Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. Fun fun fun!! wheeeeee, lol. anyways, it's one day of the year where u can get sugar high and freak everyone out at the same time!!
chessbot3000

It amazes me how many people celebrate October 31st, but have no idea of the significance of November 1st, or of the connection between the two days. It seems we're happy to decide which fragments of tradition we inherit whilst disposing of the rest.

I think a fancy-dress Halloween party with bobbing for apples and ghost stories is better than the consumerist & sometimes menacing "trick or treating."

likesforests

in my town, since everything offends every body, so nothing is the norm now.

Wow, that must be a sad town. In the Bay Area, we respect people with different beliefs, but it's easy to find costume parties and safe trick-or-treating.

silentfilmstar13
Knatted wrote: LEAFYRIVERS wrote:  I love the scary flicks but the luster is gone in my town

Always got a spook flick going as I hand out the treats!

As for the luster,,,I recall my parents back in the 70s looking through my candy for tainted stuff? Razor blades in apples,lsd,poison?  There really are spooky people out there sadly.....

There has never been a single verified report of Halloween candy with blades, drugs, or poison in the United States(or Canada, to my knowledge).  It's just an urban legend. 

silentfilmstar13
LEAFYRIVERS wrote: I love the way Christians stylize and change already existing holidays including Halloween, albeit Christians separate them selves from this holiday now. I love the scary flicks but the luster is gone in my town, since everything offends every body, so nothing is the norm now. (meaning no showing of holiday material on public grounds) Freaking Liberals suck the life out of life.

I am one of those atheist liberals, and I love Halloween!

joeyson
what are you guys going to dress as?
silentfilmstar13
Luigi Mario, of the Mario Brothers.  Why Luigi?  Mario's a chump, that's why!
medievalchess
I'm dressing up as Batman!
HyperLucid

Zombie,, for tomorrows party. Hi Oooooooo!                   

erik
a tree
joeyson

a tree?

nice..

doctor-ice
joeyson wrote:

whos exited about it, if you even celebrate it??

halloween can be a fun time: i love seeing the kids dress up as their favorite character and romping around the town collecting goodies. it is a holiday where you can role play-be someone special(super-hero or whatever),or scare the kids as they come trick or treating with novelties or costumes( i like the glow in the dark skeleton that pops up from nowhere! as in everything,there is good and bad mixed up in this holiday> parents or guardians have to be present as there are some people who can never have a good time without giving someone else a bad time. However word gets around that "don't do that house-they never give any candy,or they have a dog that scares away the kids". regardless of the possible negative, the positive of this holiday outshines the negative. "happy haunting!"

wetland154

my b-days on halloween

LEAFYRIVERS
silentfilmstar13 wrote: LEAFYRIVERS wrote: I love the way Christians stylize and change already existing holidays including Halloween, albeit Christians separate them selves from this holiday now. I love the scary flicks but the luster is gone in my town, since everything offends every body, so nothing is the norm now. (meaning no showing of holiday material on public grounds) Freaking Liberals suck the life out of life.

I am one of those atheist liberals, and I love Halloween!

Good for you, at least you aren't offended by holiday decor and gripe about it. "I don't like it, take it down, it offends me" bunch of idiostupidicus, demagogues premodonna's.
joeyson

i bought a shirt that says "This is my costume, Now give me the damn candy!"