Forums

How much is your beer?

Sort:
AlCzervik

IPA beer has gained tremendous popularity, but I've yet to have one that I like. I don't even bother with them anymore after tasting a number of them throughout the years. Personally, they all taste sweet to me, and I lost my sweet tooth when I was a child.

kco
AlCzervik wrote:

IPA beer has gained tremendous popularity, but I've yet to have one that I like. I don't even bother with them anymore after tasting a number of them throughout the years. Personally, they all taste sweet to me, and I lost my sweet tooth when I was a child.

You've been drinking since you were a kid ? tsk tsk.

AlCzervik

I figured I'd start building a tolerance akin to a sailor.

TheGrobe

I'm a fan. Some are a little too resinous and piney for my taste but the really citrusy ones are right up my alley. Had one this weekend that I liked a lot: Dieu du Ciel! Moralité. (A whole lot).

ivandh

I like to try different IPAs, there's more variety as the length of wort boiling draws more character from the hops, but I come back to brown ales and pilseners by the end of the night.

Feel the same way about fruity beers, although I will drink the local special of Blue Moon with orange.

cabadenwurt

Several weeks ago I purchased a Rickards Tasters pack which contains 12 bottles of beer. There are four different flavours in this pack with 3 bottles of each type of beer. It would seem that I was lucky enough to save the best for last: Belgian Style White Ale. I must admit that I have not seen a lot of this type of Ale in stores but it is very good, quite smooth and creamy. Needless to say I will be consuming the other 2 bottles of this brew quite soon. 

TheGrobe

New "most expensive beer": I just a couple of weeks ago picked up a 750 ml. bottle of 2013 Bois 5 Year Aniversary beer by The Bruery.

$54

Fresh_from_the_Oven

wowza.

tried it yet?

TheGrobe

No, I plan to sit on it for a couple of years and open it on a special occasion.

Fresh_from_the_Oven

like for when I show up drunk at your door?

TheGrobe

You'd be welcome to sample from my cellar but whether that one's on the table or not would depend entirely on your timing.

Fresh_from_the_Oven

Why thank you my dear 'Grobe! The next slurring drunk you find on your porch may be me, so always let him in.

TheGrobe

The next slurring drunk I find on my porch will very likely be me.

TheGrobe

Whether I'm let in or not will be entirely up to my wife.

kco
TheGrobe wrote:

Whether I'm let in or not will be entirely up to my wife.

in the current weather you got now, you don't stand a chance.

TheGrobe

There is a possibility that she'd rather watch me freeze to death than put up with my drunken snoring.

Fresh_from_the_Oven

I suppose drunkenly singing to sway her wouldn't work.

TheGrobe

It's worth a shot.

TheGrobe

On the other end of the spectrum there's beer from one of the local breweries going for $1/can around town right now -- not entirely lousy beer either:

I'm not sure there's a cheaper beer on the market right now, not even the generic swill is quite this inexpensive.

cabadenwurt

Just recently had the chance to again have a couple of glasses of Salzburger Stiegel Beer ( still give it the thumbs up ). Anyone else out have a chance to try some Austrian Beer ?