Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Movie reviews

• 3 years ago · #121

trysts

Shahmata64 wrote:

great I allways found also: "Mutiny on the Bounty":

I liked both versions, as well! I even liked "The Bounty"(1984).

• 3 years ago · #122

trysts

winerkleiner wrote:

Most of these are newer movies (not your favs) but maybe you seen some?  And thanks for posting in my forum!

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#10 "Season of the Witch"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Thanks for these recommendations, winerkleiner! I've only seen "Repo Man"(1984), out of the entire list!

• 3 years ago · #123

corrijean

trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:

Most of these are newer movies (not your favs) but maybe you seen some?  And thanks for posting in my forum!

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Thanks for these recommendations, winerkleiner! I've only seen "Repo Man"(1984), out of the entire list!

Funny, that's the only one I've seen on that list, too.

• 3 years ago · #124

Crazychessplaya

corrijean wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Funny, that's the only one I've seen on that list, too.

Same here.

• 3 years ago · #125

trysts

LisaV wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    LisaV wrote:

Sharon, found the scene.  Maybe it can be interpreted other ways???

That's such a funny coincidence! I'm waiting for my friend to get off work, 'cause he's bringing over "The Bridge on the River Kwai" to watch! I babbled about it at work today So, I'm going to look at it with a different perspective, and see what I end up thinking about it

ha.  good timing.  let us know what you think!  enjoy!

After viewing it again, I agree that Alec thought exactly what you said he thought. I also believe he was delusional throughout the entire film. I forgot how well made the film was! David Lean was no doubt, one of the greatest diectors ever. And William Holden plays cynicism as good as anyone.Smile

• 3 years ago · #126

Roma60

Seven Samuri, and Godfarther. 

• 3 years ago · #127

trysts

Roma60 wrote:

Seven Samuri, and Godfarther. 

Both are excellent films, Roma60! Are you saying you liked them, or didn't like them?

• 3 years ago · #128

winerkleiner

Has anyone seen "Molly" about a young lady who has autism her whole life, had a experimental surgery proformed, became a genius, and her immune system attacked and she went back to being autisic again.  Based on a true story.

• 3 years ago · #129

trysts

winerkleiner wrote:

Has anyone seen "Molly" about a young lady who has autism her whole life, had a experimental surgery proformed, became a genius, and her immune system attacked and she went back to being autisic again.  Based on a true story.

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?Laughing

• 3 years ago · #130

winerkleiner

trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?

Yeah they (the surgeons) drilled a hole onto her head and did something to fix.  Her brother was against the idea but was talked into it, it had a happy/sad ending.

• 3 years ago · #131

trysts

winerkleiner wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?

Yeah they (the surgeons) drilled a hole onto her head and did something to fix.  Her brother was against the idea but was talked into it, it had a happy/sad ending.

Ah yes! The old, "We'll just drill a hole in her head to cure her." I think they did that to JFK's sister? Really.

• 3 years ago · #132

winerkleiner

trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    winerkleiner wrote:

Ah yes! The old, "We'll just drill a hole in her head to cure her." I think they did that to JFK's sister? Really.

The Kennedies have sure had their deal of misfortunes for sure.

• 3 years ago · #133

oinquarki

Flowers for Algernon?

• 3 years ago · #134

Rauss7777

Went to see the restoration of Lawrence of Arabia the way it was meant to in a movie house and the pacing and camera work was intoxicating. Not very realistic but a tour de force nevertheless. Lean was among the giants as directors go....
  • 3 years ago · #135

trysts

oinquarki wrote:

Flowers for Algernon?

Is that a movie? Did you like it, or not?

• 3 years ago · #136

oinquarki

I think so. Just #148 reminded me of it.

• 3 years ago · #137

winerkleiner

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

• 3 years ago · #138

trysts

Rauss7777 wrote:
    Went to see the restoration of Lawrence of Arabia the way it was meant to in a movie house and the pacing and camera work was intoxicating. Not very realistic but a tour de force nevertheless. Lean was among the giants as directors go....

Agreed!

• 3 years ago · #139

trysts

winerkleiner wrote:

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

Laughing

No, I don't like anybody messing with the great cinematographer's works. Do you like it?

• 3 years ago · #140

electricpawn

Stay in this thread where you're safe, SharonTongue outEmbarassedSmile

This forum topic has been locked.