Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
trysts

Sexual repression is the leading cause of teenagers.

mrguy888

And yet you still watched two movies.

corrijean

Embarassed It's my nieces' fault. They are 14 and 15 years old. 

trysts

I'm pretty sure you can sue your nieces' parents.

corrijean

They don't have any money. Or any common sense.

mrguy888
corrijean wrote:

It's my nieces' fault. They are 14 and 15 years old. 

On a slightly related note, young kid's movies have shot up in quality by adding in a set of jokes for the parents in the past decade or so. Smart call by film makers.

trysts

I have a Matrix story for ya'.

I'm at this political website, and I get into an argument with some guy. He cites the blue pill/red pill thing, to contrast our opinions. I tell him that the Matrix movie is an allusion to Christianity, and that Neo is the Christ figure. But I typed it without remembering where that came from, or even knowing if I had read that somewhere. It just seemed correct. What do you think, Lisa? Is it correct?

corrijean

I'm not Lisa, but I'll give my opinion. There are many similarities between Christianity and the Matrix. I think it is perfectly valid to draw parallels.

And speaking of parallels:

http://www.awesomehouse.com/parallels.html

trysts
corrijean wrote:

I'm not Lisa, but I'll give my opinion. There are many similarities between Christianity and the Matrix. I think it is perfectly valid to draw parallels.

And speaking of parallels:

http://www.awesomehouse.com/parallels.html

Yes! Thank you, corrijean! Your link with the word "messiah", totally reminded me of reading somebody's comments(probably at a movie forum, or a movie review).

antioxidant

i have just watch buffalo soldiers,itsays it is a good film after saving private ryan,i was sleepy when i watch it so i didnt understand well,its for you to know,i just suggest if you like  war movies , theres something interesting in this good movie which i didnt understand.

antioxidant
[COMMENT DELETED]
SPARTANEMESIS

The Roman empire, at its height, was so vast that there was no faith that a person could hold it together.  Yet it was believed that a divine rule could accomplish what a man could not.  I don't remember what movie I saw that in....

SPARTANEMESIS

My mistake, it was in a book.

electricpawn
OK, where's this Montana bitch?
electricpawn

North of Sarasota

electricpawn

Geological epochs from Camelot

electricpawn

Gyroscopic nightmares of spinning compass dials from Plymouth Rock

SPARTANEMESIS
LisaV wrote:

Yeah, it was in the Party Issue book.  ;)

It wasn't that book.  It was a reference to the beginning, though I admit I'm almost inclined to agree with whatever you say when you display the little winking smile.

gretagarbo
I recently watched the silent film the passion of Joan of arc on YouTube . The film only deals with the portion of Joan's life that concerns the trial and (spoiler) her death. No matter what your feelings are about the religious aspects of Joan's life, she accomplished some amazing things only to be royally screwed by the people she helped. This film is so freakin dramatic that it's frightening .
trysts
gretagarbo wrote:
I recently watched the silent film the passion of Joan of arc on YouTube . The film only deals with the portion of Joan's life that concerns the trial and (spoiler) her death. No matter what your feelings are about the religious aspects of Joan's life, she accomplished some amazing things only to be royally screwed by the people she helped. This film is so freakin dramatic that it's frightening .

Thank you! I recommend Robert Bresson's version: "The Trial of Joan of Arc"(1962). It's totally different. But it lingers about in my mind much moreSmile 

This forum topic has been locked