Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Movie reviews

• 20 months ago · #2561

trysts

Someone who I no longer see took me to this silly film, "Skyfall". But at least he didn't hit meLaughing

• 20 months ago · #2562

electricpawn

trysts wrote:

Someone who I no longer see took me to this silly film, "Skyfall". But at least he didn't hit me

Was it because of his poor taste in movies? Wink

• 20 months ago · #2563

trysts

Yes, if he had loved the "Hostel" films I could have anticipated a good tying up!Laughing

• 20 months ago · #2564

electricpawn

Note to self: rent "Hostel" films.

• 20 months ago · #2565

trysts

Note to self:

quit talkingLaughing

• 20 months ago · #2566

ilikeflags

skyfall was fine.  better than fine.  it was a solid film.  the villian was tremendous.

• 20 months ago · #2567

trysts

ilikeflags wrote:

skyfall was fine.  better than fine.  it was a solid film.  the villian was tremendous.

Yes. A very fine film. Javier Bardem killed people, then he laughed! Original! Never seen before! Great acting! I love how gambling is used as a metaphor! I've never seen anything like it! Sooooo clever! I like how the action informs the viewer of a lack of script! Tense! The "mother" metaphor? Genius! Great film!Laughing

• 20 months ago · #2568

ilikeflags

i'm tired of bond and gambling.  someone must be drunk.

• 20 months ago · #2569

trysts

ilikeflags wrote:

i'm tired of bond and gambling.  someone must be drunk.

Don't you live in Las Vegas, ILikeFlags? Aren't you fed up with gambling movies? I mean, did everyone run out of ideas in British and American cinema? For the cost of a 007 film, they could have made 20 films with a script that doesn't have to do with "terrorists" attacking the "intelligence" community. P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A.

• 20 months ago · #2570

ilikeflags

you're thinking too much.  i don't see bond for art.  javier killed it.  the rest was exactly what i expected.  

• 20 months ago · #2571

onthehouse

A simple, plain old (1955) movie with Ermest Borgnine is Marty. Not a huge Borgnine fan but I liked this film.

• 20 months ago · #2572

trysts

ilikeflags wrote:

you're thinking too much.  i don't see bond for art.  javier killed it.  the rest was exactly what i expected.  

Yes, you're right. James Bond is for those who have had a trying day of thinking. It is your escapism from thinking so much about the world.

• 20 months ago · #2573

ilikeflags

is onthehouse spamming the film thread with films?

• 20 months ago · #2574

trysts

ilikeflags wrote:

is onthehouse spamming the film thread with films?

Yes, onthehouse is obviously trying to steer this thread off topic by posting opinions about films in a film thread. This must go unnoticed!

• 20 months ago · #2575

ilikeflags

list every film or tv show you've ever seen and say "pretty good" or "i liked the movie"  

• 20 months ago · #2576

trysts

ilikeflags wrote:

list every film or tv show you've ever seen and say "pretty good" or "i liked the movie"  

I can't believe I would say such a thing about a TV show. But we're on page 134 which includes my opinion of the films I liked. Why don't you list the ten greatest films ever made in your opinion, ilikeflags? There are near 123,000 views of people interested in other people's views on films in this threadSmile

• 20 months ago · #2577

ilikeflags

this thread has been great.  i'm talking about onthehouse.

• 20 months ago · #2578

ilikeflags

it's hard for me to imagine the 10 greatest films ever.  i've got films that i'd consider. 

• 20 months ago · #2579

trysts

I'm still interested in your opinion of the ten greatest films ever made, ilikeflags. I think I get an idea of people by watching the films they admire.Smile

• 20 months ago · #2580

onthehouse

Spammers. Who needs them.

This forum topic has been locked.