Forums

Odds & Ends ( etc )

Sort:
cabadenwurt
corrijean wrote:

I've heard they have some wild theories on that show.

--- Thanks for the post Corrijean. I used to work a lot of shift-work and often listened to that show. They cover everything including little green men, ancient aliens, ghosts, esp and on and on.

cabadenwurt

I gather that a baseball fan who fell asleep during a Yankees - Red Sox game is suing for $ 10 million dollars. Could this perhaps be an example of Insanity of the highest order ?

AlCzervik

I saw that, too, cabby, and, to answer your question, yes!

cabadenwurt
AlCzervik wrote:

I saw that, too, cabby, and, to answer your question, yes!

Thanks for the post AlCzervik. Mind you I guess the fellow could also sue the local mental-hospital for releasing him in the first place  lol. 

cabadenwurt

10 Million & Counting !!!

Yes the 10 million mark has been reached at last ( Not Bad At All ! ). I used to do threads for specifc targets such as 6 million, etc but it got to be a big hassle as the nay-sayers were often not happy. But to repeat now for their benefit: Yes indeed 10 Million has been achieved  lol.

cabadenwurt

" Change is the one item that remains constant in our lives " ( somebody once said ). I saw a thread earlier about a member who has left this site. This reminded me of all of the members who were busy posting here at this site back when I joined, only a handful of them are still active now out of that group. Time keeps rolling along Grasshopper  lol. 

ivandh

It seems the big contributors to the forums these days are love gurus. Fortunately one need not climb some mountain in Tibet to reach them, they have a direct phone line for your convenience.

cabadenwurt
ivandh wrote:

It seems the big contributors to the forums these days are love gurus. Fortunately one need not climb some mountain in Tibet to reach them, they have a direct phone line for your convenience.

Thanks for the post Ivandh. Yes they do seem to want to be very helpful, never do get around to mentioning what their fee is tho  lol.

cabadenwurt

Does anyone have the Right to Privacy ? I saw an item in a magazine the other day about a company that makes smoke detectors with video cameras in them ( they will also sell you a antique-style clock set up the same way. I've seen ads for alarm-radios that come with a hidden video camera so don't dance around in your bedroom in your birthday suit ( big-brother might be watching  lol ).

corrijean

They can be useful if you have a helpless individual (say a relative in a nursing home) who isn't being treated properly.

cabadenwurt
corrijean wrote:

They can be useful if you have a helpless individual (say a relative in a nursing home) who isn't being treated properly.

--- Thanks for the post Corrijean. Yes that is a very good point and I remember a case like that on " 60 Minutes " years ago ( & they used a hidden camera to get the evidence ). 

cabadenwurt

Actors sometimes play the role of heros in the movies, Orlando Bloom on the other hand is a real hero. Bloom recently gave little Justin Bieber a punch the other day, mind you Bieber deserved a good spanking ( go get him Orlando ! ).

cabadenwurt

So I Gather that this " Gent " was hired to look after a mansion in Pittsburgh. Among the valuables stored in this house vere some very rare bottles of whiskey. This liquor was from the early 1900s and worth all of $ 2,000 dollars per bottle. This fellow who was in his 60s felt that his should sample some of this whiskey ( perhaps as a comfort in his declining years ). In the end he consumed over 50 bottles which came to a total value of 100 grand He has just passed away and I want to know did he die with a smile on his face ?  

AlCzervik

If he was a happy drunk, yes.

cabadenwurt
AlCzervik wrote:

If he was a happy drunk, yes.

--- Thanks foer the post AlCzervik

I think that this is one for the Guiness World Record Book. It might have taken him several years but has anyone else consumed over $ 100,000 dollars worth of liquor ? I know that there are some high priced Champagnes ( etc ) out there but this must be an all-time record  lol.

corrijean

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2013/07/champagne-to-rival-armand-de-brignac-launched/

I hope they don't put the empty bottle in the recycling bin.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Corrijean.

There is a theory out there that human beings are the smartest creatures on this planet, I often wonder about that tho. For example this item was recently on the news: " Man fakes his own death to get out of marrying his fiance~ ". A Brainiac of the highest order I'm sure  lol.

corrijean

The bacteria rule the earth.

http://discovermagazine.com/galleries/zen-photo/m/microbiome

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Corrijean.

Those of you who are going to be out and about after dark during the next couple of evenings please be careful. I see that the full moon is out and the " Lunatics " may be on the prowl ( yes some of the loonies are affected by the full lunar orb, at times ).

Joseph-S
corrijean wrote:

The bacteria rule the earth.

I've never heard of the Global Bankers referred to as bacteria before, but if anything, I would've thought they would be considered more like a virus.      :P