Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Odds & Ends ( etc )

• 8 weeks ago · Quote · #681

cabadenwurt

kaynight wrote:

They've relocated to Chess.com, cab.

--- Thanks for the new posts.

Kaynight: Well I think that we have some very nice people here, however there are of course also the " Others ".

• 8 weeks ago · Quote · #682

cabadenwurt

AlCzervik wrote:

Commin sense isn't so common, cabby.

(now, where did I leave that lit cigarette?)

--- Yes the only lucky thing about that story is that nobody was killed. 

• 5 weeks ago · Quote · #683

cabadenwurt

Well hey old cabby got back in again. Yesterday I had a very busy day here with lots of yardwork ( etc ) and it was quite late when I tried to sign onto this site. However for some reason my old antique machine did not want to work at all with this site, anyone else have any problems ?

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #684

cabadenwurt

Well shall we give out the " Dunce Of The Year " award now even tho it is only July ? So let us say that you are in the southern part of the USA ( Alabama perhaps ) and you come to a body of water which has a sign indicating that there is danger from Alligators. Now it happens to be 2 AM and you might be a bit tipsy but would you go swimming or not ? Well our hero did the other night and we must now use the past tense to talk about the poor fellow, yup afraid so.

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #685

Joseph-S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_9QhJFSR0

The (house) cat that slaps gators.

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #686

cabadenwurt

Thanks a lot for the info Joseph-S.

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #687

cabadenwurt

The time has come to chat about the very good family name of Wiener. Of course it was not all that long ago that a politician with that name dragged the name thru the mud by doing some rather awful stuff. So where did the name come from ? Well the city of Vienna is known as Wien in German and a man from that city is called a Wiener ( like a man from Berin is a Berliner, no not the pastry  lol ). Also there was an American by the name of Norbert Wiener ( 1894 - 1964 ) who was a mathematician and the also founder of cybernetics, he wrote several books on the subject.  

• 2 weeks ago · Quote · #688

AlCzervik

Wienerkliner?

• 14 days ago · Quote · #689

cabadenwurt

AlCzervik wrote:

Wienerkliner?

--- Thanks for the post AlCzervik. Yes another interesting name from among the Ws.

• 12 days ago · Quote · #690

ivandh

No cookout would do without Frankfurters and Hamburgers. Maybe a Berliner for dessert. Wink

• 12 days ago · Quote · #691

cabadenwurt

ivandh wrote:

No cookout would do without Frankfurters and Hamburgers. Maybe a Berliner for dessert.

--- Thanks for the post Ivandh. There was a TV show some years back where they had a lot of fun was the term " Bratwurst " ( just gotta have some Bratwurst and Saurkraut  lol ).

• 9 days ago · Quote · #692

cabadenwurt

Today wikpedia brought out the info that this is " National Junk-Food Day ". Yes I imagine that A & W, Macdonalds, Dairy Queen ( etc ) are quite busy today. However it is also " Nationale Feestdag " in Belgium. Now as it turns out our own Mr Ivandh is the former ruler of Belgium, so which one of these important days will he celebrate ?

• 8 days ago · Quote · #693

AlCzervik

His cat usually decides.

• 8 days ago · Quote · #694

cabadenwurt

AlCzervik wrote:

His cat usually decides.

--- Thanks for the post AlCzervik. Ah yes cats do like to feel that they are in charge  lol.

• 4 days ago · Quote · #695

cabadenwurt

Sometimes there are items in the news which are funny or are sad ( or are funny & sad ). Recently hackers got into the computer control system of a Jeep SUV and did some funny stuff such as play around with the air-conditioning. Let us fast-forward a few years just for a laugh, shall we ? So there you are riding along the road in your fancy self-driving car and some hackers get control of the computer system. Just think back to the parts of Saturday Night Live when the cat was driving the car, right off the cliff ! ( is this funny or sad or both  lol ). 

• 13 hours ago · Quote · #696

cabadenwurt

Captain Ahab strikes again, sort of.

A certain dentist from Minnesota had a previous conviction for shooting a black bear and now goes on shooting lions instead ( in Africa ). I think that the dentist will next join the Japanese whale-hunters and will soon be heard to say " Thar blows the white whale !!! " ( A cry not heard upon the oceans of the world since the days of Captain Ahab ).

Post your reply: