Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Odds & Ends ( etc )

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #621

corrijean

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #622

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Corrijean.

Those of you who are going to be out and about after dark during the next couple of evenings please be careful. I see that the full moon is out and the " Lunatics " may be on the prowl ( yes some of the loonies are affected by the full lunar orb, at times ).

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #623

Joseph-S

corrijean wrote:

The bacteria rule the earth.

I've never heard of the Global Bankers referred to as bacteria before, but if anything, I would've thought they would be considered more like a virus.      :P

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #624

corrijean

cabadenwurt wrote:

Those of you who are going to be out and about after dark during the next couple of evenings please be careful. I see that the full moon is out and the " Lunatics " may be on the prowl ( yes some of the loonies are affected by the full lunar orb, at times ).

The moon was beautiful last night. I was out and about when it was rising.

• 3 weeks ago · Quote · #625

corrijean

• 3 days ago · Quote · #626

cabadenwurt

I gather that Goole receives close to 50,000 applications per week ( yup per week ) from people who want to work there. So if you are trying to get in with Google there might be a bit of a wait until they send a reply back to you.

• 3 days ago · Quote · #627

corrijean

Wow. I wonder how many employees they have. Maybe I should google it. :)

I have watched some youtube videos of people Google has brought in to give talks (SGU plus some famous authors). It would be pretty neat to work for a place that brought famous intellectuals to you in the hope it would bring you some sort of indirect benefit (curiosity and critical thinking, perhaps?).

Post your reply: