Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Odds & Ends ( etc )

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #701

Years and years ago back when I was a slim and trim young fellow I loved to eat banana-splits and also banana-loaf cakes. Even today at my rather heavy weight ( my car seems to groan whenever I sit in it  lol ) I still like to buy some bananas now and then. However a problem has been brought forward in the news as there is some type of a fungus that has shown up on some of the banana trees and is starting to kill off these plants. Let us hope that a remedy is found for this problem as in many parts of the world bananas are an important part of people's diets.

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #702

cab: Great problem to have. Britain used to queue for oranges 60 years ago.we live in a strange world.

• 6 weeks ago · Quote · #703

Scientists have pointed out for decades now that our reliance on one type of banana will bite us in the behind sooner or later, when a disease comes and wipes it out. But nobody listens until it's too late...

• 3 days ago · Quote · #704

cabadenwurt wrote:

" How healthy are you ? " asks the title of one of the threads here. Well I'm not sure but I will say that I got up this morning and went to the bathroom and I got quite a schock. I looked in the mirror and there was this old guy was looking back at me. He had a very gray breard and also a big jiggly tummy, needs to practice his Ho - Ho - Ho's tho  lol. Very odd --- I looked in the mirror this morning and the same guy was there again --- hmmm ?

Post your reply: